cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to Hit the Road ... Wish Me Luck!

nalts
Explorer
Explorer
This week I placed a deposit on a travel trailer, which will be my first one if about 12 years.

After taking care of my parents for the last 2-1/2 years, we sold their home so it's time to take care of my wanderlust.

I have no idea where I'll go, or for how long I'll be 'gone,' I just know I need a break.

As long as I have my laptop and my hot spot, I'll be golden, and so will my clients.

Now, to start checking off destinations on my bucket list. 😉
2003 Ford F-150
2019 Forest River Grey Wolf 23MK
6 REPLIES 6

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
You sound like my wife.
She's ready to hit the road without any particular agenda or time frame but also worried about her clients.

I'm the driver so heading west. Lol
Hope you thoroughly enjoy yourself.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I use the trip planner at https://freecampsites.net/ a kit.

I'd add lots of solar so that I could have peace and quiet.

Enjoy yourself!
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
Just make sure you make reservations in advance and check the local Covid situation. Some city/state parks are closed and RV parks may have reduced capacity. Otherwise, have a safe and fun journey and enjoy the sights in this great country of ours.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Best wishes on your travels. Unwind, relax and enjoy yourself.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The laptop and hotspot might be your biggest challenge. I would suggest you get a cellular booster, something like the WeBoost system and make sure your data plan will support your business needs.
Otherwise, have a great trip! Visit the National parks during the off-season (i.e. not during normal tourist Summertime) Yellowstone in the Spring or Fall is the greatest!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats. Enjoy your travels.

I like to use Roadside America, maybe you can find something interesting along your route.