cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ANTS and BUGS

wirenutz
Explorer
Explorer
Its that time of year again to bring up the subject of keeping ants and bugs out of our houses, what have you used and what work's and what didn't
2007 All American Sport Toy Hauler 38 foot, 14,400 LBS dry weight
1999 Four Door Freightliner,new 6 Speed Auto, new Cat Motor, 12,600 LBS, rear air dump, lowers rear by 3", air activated rear locker, air ride seats, air ride cab, air ride suspension
4 REPLIES 4

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
After many years and spending lots of $$$$ on all different products THIS is what I found works the best. If it can keep ants out of an RV in Florida it's got to be good.

Sevin.

Found at any hardware store and/or Tractor Supply. Only buy the powder/dust product NOT the granules.

Sprinkle around each tire and 'make sure' to sprinkle around each and every hose and electrical cord that is connected to your RV.

......and then don't lean the awning rod up against your MH. Those dang ants will march right up it and into your RV. Don't as me how I know that! :C

Then place Terro ant baits (found at grocery stores)on the bottom of all your cabinets near the floor, under the couch etc. Put two of them under all the sink cabinets. They seek water.

If you are not pro-active from the git go, if they get in it will take you weeks to get rid of them!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We also use Home Defense. We spray the ground under our patio rugs before putting them down and then all the way around our rig with a little heavier coverage around the connections, tires and jacks. It's worked very well for us.

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
BUG clickey

This stuff works great. I just sprinkle it on my complete site. I used to be a tick magnet. No more with this stuff.
Full timing it since July 2012

moonlightrunner
Explorer
Explorer
Ortho Home Defense works consistently for me. I spray the exterior, not the interior. I spray the openings, any thing that touches the ground (face and all sides of tires, hoses, cables), bottom side all around the sides of the RV (as far as the spray can go), around windows and door openings, around the vents (I also have those screened). I have a solar bug light that sits a ways off from the entrance door and that helps keep the flying bugs down. I do this about twice a year (spring and fall) plus sometimes I will repeat if there has been a heavy rain (currently in NM where it rarely has heavy rains). I also spray a bit around the ground near the tires. I spray the outside carpet (top side and the ground under) as the roaches seem to like to have parties and family reunions under it. I have a large box I carry on a hitch haul that I set on the ground sometimes as it makes a nice bench. I spray under that as well as empty it out twice a year and spray the interior (repack when it's dry). I have not had a bug problem since I started using the Ortho Home Defense. I also spray the interior of my towed as well. Some places in NM have lots of roaches. Ick!