cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hanging Clothes Space

TiredMom57
Explorer
Explorer
Any ideas for extra hanging clothes space? We have a closet and another space in 2nd "bedroom, but will need more while full timing as we both work and clothes are necessary.

Thanks!!
8 REPLIES 8

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
TiredMom57 wrote:
Any ideas for extra hanging clothes space? We have a closet and another space in 2nd "bedroom, but will need more while full timing as we both work and clothes are necessary.

Thanks!!

We are both retired and clothes are necessary for us too! :W :E
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

pamvanw
Explorer
Explorer
In our previous trailer we put an 8' closet rod all the way across the foot of the bed from one side of the trailer to the other. The clothes hung over our feet while we slept, but were still enough not to interfere.
Pam
2012 Arctic Fox 30U
2012 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A

galtgirl
Explorer
Explorer
If you only have one hanging rack, add a second one below it, just high enough so the clothes hanging won't drag on the floor. I don't hang anything longer than a blouse or man's dress shirt. If you have dresses that need to hang you can fold them over a hanger, or if you don't wear them very often, store them in a covered bin under the bed or in the basement.
Use the slim non slip hangers...you will be amazed how many more items you can hang with these verses the plastic hangers. Fold jeans, T-Shirts etc and place in bins on the shelf above the bar or wherever you have some shelf space if you don't have room in your dresser drawers.
John and Carol Beckman
USN SKC RET (him) RN (her)
Lola & Ava the French Bulldogs
Sacramento, CA

2015 Heartland Bighorn
2017 Silverado 3500 HD High Country

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I fold jeans, tees and sweatshirts and stack in bottom of closets.

TiredMom57
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, those are all great ideas! Have to admit, I'm gonna try gotsmart's!

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
This was my solution on an open wall in the rear BR. It is a closet orgainzer from Lowes. The pictures in the link have installation comments.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gotsmart/sets/72157631098947616/
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

Grandpere
Explorer
Explorer
Convert the 2nd bedroom area into a small office and line the walls with closets.
Berniece & Russell Johnson
Lil'Bit, a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit
1987 Southwind
1995 Ford F150 Supercab

Life in the fast lane? No thanks, we will stop and smell the flowers at every opportuity

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have read that some folks that have the small bunk room have converted this area into a walk-in closet.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS