cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hey you Texas-domiciled Fulltimers: a Question

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Do you get the annual vehicle inspection for all your on-road vehicles or just blow it off?
I'm betting that those of you that dont see much of TX just blow it off.
4 REPLIES 4

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
PawPaw_n_Gram wrote:
We are supposed to get the inspection completed within 10 days of returning to the state.

From the Texas DMV web site: "To ensure you do not receive a ticket or have to pay penalty fees, you will need to have your vehicle inspected within 3 days after returning to Texas."

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were domiciled in Texas from 2003-2017. Had the truck and fiver inspected in Livingston, TX. upon setting up domicile. The rig was not back into Texas until 2010. Then had only the truck inspected. Was never back in Texas, and 2017 moved domicile to Arizona. It is no problem, just check in box that vehicle is out of state. Texas state vehicle inspection means absolutely nothing to any other state.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
We are supposed to get the inspection completed within 10 days of returning to the state.

You will NOT get a new registration without an inspection, or marking the registration application that you are out of state.

My registration for the trailer is November, for my pickup February.

One or the other is always out of state on the required month (you can do the inspection up to 60 days prior to its due date).

My trailer inspection is normally a 10-15 minute stop as we are leaving, or going into one of two campgrounds near Dallas. Not a problem.

The pickup is a bit more, maybe 15-20 minutes.

Also, but having my domicile in Polk County (Livingston) with Escapees, there is no emissions check required. I make sure I do not got to have the truck inspected in a county with an emissions check.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

swphotobug
Explorer
Explorer
You have the option when you renew the registration to skip it, don't remember the exact wording but it isn't a problem. Haven't been there for 3-4 years.