cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kicking around the Idea of full timing but I need help.....

anw7405
Explorer
Explorer
So we have thought about full timing multiple times but have never really landed on it because of $$$$. I have read about and watched people make this decision but they are usually some kind of internet worker or freelancer. So here is my question. Is there any families out there doing something different and making enough money? Right now I make a little over 80k / year and I would love to find something that pays the same or more to be comfortable full timing. I understand I wouldn't need as much but we spend most of our income on food because we try to eat healthy and have a family of 6. So any ideas on how to make decent money out there. I'm a pretty handy guy that usually does everything DIY. Thanks in advance.
37 REPLIES 37

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Just a thought. It's easier to "think" about full timing with a family of 6 in the summer and not as easy to actually do in the winter.

anyway, good luck with it all.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Telecommute jobs are out there. Not all jobs are able to cross over to that form of employment. We dont have a clue what you do now, but at 80K I assume its something that requires your presents. Unless you can move to a telecommute job, plan to stay where you are until retirement time.

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
Moderator note: keep this civil or I will delete more comments
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
noteven wrote:
.. Escapees forum .. You will get information from people actually doing what you ask about.
But not likely with families and jobs.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hi anw7405 -

Suggest checking out Escapees forum and asking your questions there. Escapees is a more โ€œfull timeโ€ oriented forum. You will get information from people actually doing what you ask about.

anw7405
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not really looking for advice on how to raise a family of 6 in a TT either. This part is not a problem. We live a really minimal lifestyle as it is. Just looking at different ways to make money.

anw7405
Explorer
Explorer
I never said I didn't want to be employed full time. I want to work full time but move around. Just looking for ideas. There are so many different ways to make money, I'm just looking for one that fits my family.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I never thought of 'fulltiming' as working, raising a family and living in an RV.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman