cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Multi Level Marketing

Lowcountrydupre
Explorer
Explorer
I am curious to know if any non retired full timers do MLM to earn a living. If so what company do you work with?
7 REPLIES 7

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Very, very few MLM participants make any money at all. They buy in, buy product, and then fall by the wayside. If you are a really good sales person and have no qualms about approaching and alienating every friend you ever had, you just might make it. It's not going to work if you travel as you really have to push the people you recruit to sell more and recruit more. You cannot make money by simply signing people up and moving on. They WILL drop out and you will make nothing. They will lose money and you will have made nothing. Now there's a formula for making friends!

BINGO!
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very, very few MLM participants make any money at all. They buy in, buy product, and then fall by the wayside. If you are a really good sales person and have no qualms about approaching and alienating every friend you ever had, you just might make it. It's not going to work if you travel as you really have to push the people you recruit to sell more and recruit more. You cannot make money by simply signing people up and moving on. They WILL drop out and you will make nothing. They will lose money and you will have made nothing. Now there's a formula for making friends!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
My downstairs nabe is deep in the Land of MLM.
All social conversations lead to a sale or come-on to enjoy his new found life.
Wish he'd go back to making pottery.

I avoid him.
Politely.

kcmoedoe
Explorer
Explorer
Lowcountrydupree wrote:
Thanks for the info, but if you are not interested just tell them. Someone just maybe looking for a career change. Last time I looked, it is not just retired people in the campgrounds.
That shouldn't be shoved onto me or my family. I shouldn't have to tell someone when I am at an RV park that I am not interested in buying soap, that I am not interested in find Jesus, that I am not interested in investing in a perpetual motion machine or anything else. Keep all your business proposals, propositions and sales pitches out of the campgrounds, please.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
MLM is considered a 'career'?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lowcountrydupre
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info, but if you are not interested just tell them. Someone just maybe looking for a career change. Last time I looked, it is not just retired people in the campgrounds.

kcmoedoe
Explorer
Explorer
There is another thread running about bad neighbors in a campground, and I would much rather have them next to me than someone trying to recruit me to sell overpriced soap and vitamins. If you are into MLM, fine, but please, please, please do not consider the other campers and guests at RV parks and campgrounds as potential customers or whatever else you call the people you sign up. We are on our leisure time, not looking for "career opportunities".