cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need Advice between which camper to buy

Bwiley91
Explorer
Explorer
So Iโ€™m stuck between 2012 crossroads cruiser Sahara and a 2007 keystone Montana 3400rl both very nice campers. Montana is 18000$ and crossroads is 24500$ Iโ€™m wondering if itโ€™s worth the extra 6000$ to get the newer camper? Iโ€™ve posted links to both. Iโ€™d appreciate any feed back thank you please copy and paste link.

2007 Montana https://www.leachrv.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=3733634&p=1&s=Date%20Added&d=D&sq=Montana%20&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

2012 crossroads cruiser https://www.acnrv.com/product/used-2012-crossroads-rv-cruiser-sahara-cf330ss-762552-5
13 REPLIES 13

6_2Superduty
Explorer
Explorer
tomkaren13 wrote:
My concern is if you can use the one or the other with the slides in. Can you get to Fridge, bathroom and bedroom? Never know when you will need to use those.

I wonder how many people buy rvs and dont realize the refrigerator in not accessible with the slide in?

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Forgot to suggest searching this Forum for each for previous posts.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Bwiley91
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the making the links. Iโ€™m not married so itโ€™s whatever I want ????. Iโ€™ll have to check and see about using it with the slides in on both. I think I could do it in Both but would have to check. Do any of you guys have any experience with either brand? Iโ€™m curious on longevity and such tol

Frosty46
Explorer
Explorer
Newer is usually better but general "feel" is most important long term. If possible spend more time, good time, windows open, closed with air on that sort of thing.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
jerryjay11 wrote:
Copy-Paste and they work.

I did and they didn't work. Maybe I did something wrong?

tomkaren13
Explorer
Explorer
My concern is if you can use the one or the other with the slides in. Can you get to Fridge, bathroom and bedroom? Never know when you will need to use those.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
The last thing I'd check is the cargo carrying capacity of each. It should be a sticker on the doorjamb or thereabouts.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Clicky links for each:
Sahara

Montana

For us, the shower being in the bedroom of the Montana would be a non-starter. My wife refused to even consider rigs that were setup like that.

I'm also curious what's with the big fans setup in the one picture. As well as, what is going on with the mattress on the bed base? It's like they put a queen size mattress onto a king size bed base. Though, the drawers and storage in the bedroom looks great.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 if she ain,t happy ? you won,t be happy.

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
My stock advice it to always get he one your wife likes best!
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer
Copy-Paste and they work.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Spend an hour in each and try to visualize how it would work for your anticipated RVing lifestyle. Make a meal. Watch TV. Close the slides and think about what could be used at a pit stop on the highway. Where do you keep clothes; folded and hanging. Where to keep tools and spare parts. The extra cost will go away of that camper better fits your needs. If the cheaper one doesn't fit it will turn out to be the more expensive one when you try to sell it to get what you really want.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum.
You may want to check your links, they don't seem to be valid.