cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Two months in Texas

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
We would like to winter in Texas in Feb and March maybe Mid Jan also.

Would like to spend no more than $500 per month. Any suggestions for warm weather near Galveston?

Thank you
8 REPLIES 8

jdb7566
Explorer
Explorer
GizmosMom wrote:
I have never been to this park but I did a small search for parks in south Texas. Reel Chill RV Resort in Rockport had availability. I wasn't sure what type of RV you had or the length so I typed in Fifth Wheel and 42 feet in length. They had availability. from January 16 through March 30

Reel Chill RV Resort
A month ago Reel Chill was reel empty

MRC54
Explorer
Explorer
We spent the month of Oct taking a look at RGV for the upcoming winter (Jan-Apr). Weather charts shows average Jan temp to be at least 10 degress warmer than Galveston. I'm amazed at the number of parks in RGV. You can barely drive 5 minutes without stumbling over one. Using Camppground Reviews and filtering only ratings above 7.0 we narrowed it down to a dozen or so. We settled on Canyon Lake and they were having a 4 for 3 sale (pay for 3, get 4 months). Brought the price down to 350ish.

On a side note, when we left RGV, we stopped at Magnolia Beach (slightly north of Corpus) for a few nights. Magnolia is rather famous for free beachfront camping. Camped a few feet from the water, it was special. Due to it being November, crowds were minimal. Also, no hookups, but for a couple of nights, it was terrific.
2021 Keystone Alpine 3712KB
2009 Sierra 3500 DRW

Full timing starting May 1

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Mission, Texas, has a lot of availability!
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Explorer II
Explorer II
Not much available. You might look in the Baycliff, League City or San Leon area.

Quintana is closed due to hurricane damage
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
The Breeze RV park Surfside tx near Freeport. Down the beach from Galveston.
Quintana Beach RV County Park Quintanna TX. Also near Freeport.

Shipmans Landing RV park same area.

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
I have never been to this park but I did a small search for parks in south Texas. Reel Chill RV Resort in Rockport had availability. I wasn't sure what type of RV you had or the length so I typed in Fifth Wheel and 42 feet in length. They had availability. from January 16 through March 30

Reel Chill RV Resort
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
My random search of the area found no availability at any rate
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
You'll need to go further south to ensure warm temperatures. Try the RGV area. Mission, Weslaco, Brownsville. Lots of RV parks in your price range.
2010 Suncruiser