cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

USAA

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone use this bank and if so any problems? Went on line and read reviews of the bank and a lot of not so good ones. So any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
31 REPLIES 31

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Second Chance wrote:
Roy&Lynne wrote:
Second Chance wrote:
DougE wrote:
Bank is great. Insurance is great, but they don't insure RVs or Motorcycles. They pass them off to Progressive.

Not quite true. They don't insure motorhomes any more, but do insure towables. We have been with USAA (bank and insurance) for over 35 years and they have been great to us - especially when my late wife died in a traffic accident. We are full-timers and they know it. They even placed a letter in our file confirming full-time coverage on us and the fifth wheel.

Rob

That is so weird. We have USAA Insurance and they insure our Class B. I wonder if its where you live.

Yes - and I forgot to mention this to one of our more adamant posters. Each state has an insurance commission that determines which each insurance company can and cannot do. When I call USAA with an insurance question, they have to transfer me to an agent licensed in Texas to work with me on my policies.

Rob

I assume you mean TX and RV's. My car is registered in TX and we have USAA as our ensurer.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Roy&Lynne wrote:
Second Chance wrote:
DougE wrote:
Bank is great. Insurance is great, but they don't insure RVs or Motorcycles. They pass them off to Progressive.

Not quite true. They don't insure motorhomes any more, but do insure towables. We have been with USAA (bank and insurance) for over 35 years and they have been great to us - especially when my late wife died in a traffic accident. We are full-timers and they know it. They even placed a letter in our file confirming full-time coverage on us and the fifth wheel.

Rob

That is so weird. We have USAA Insurance and they insure our Class B. I wonder if its where you live.

Yes - and I forgot to mention this to one of our more adamant posters. Each state has an insurance commission that determines which each insurance company can and cannot do. When I call USAA with an insurance question, they have to transfer me to an agent licensed in Texas to work with me on my policies.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
DougE wrote:

Rob

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
Dont know, but if you go to the USAA web site and try to get an RV quote, they send you to the Progressive web site.

When I had to switch from national general I tried to get USAA on the RV just like the truck. Had to use Progressive. :h
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are not a full-timer, USAA offers excellent RV insurance. If you are a full-timer, USAA offers NO Full Timers insurance. That's why owners end up having to talk to Progressive.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fulltimer50 wrote:
Second Chance wrote:
DougE wrote:

Rob

USAA uses Progressive for their RV insurance.

All I can tell you is that our RV (fifth wheel) is insured with USAA. Progressive is not involved in any way. Our previous travel trailer was insured with USAA as well.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
Full-time since 8/2015

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your comments. We will be using USAA for our banking and insurance since all of you have had good experience with them and some of you for many years. That is all we needed to hear to be comfortable switching. Thanks again, info is very appreciated! Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
DougE wrote:

Rob

USAA uses Progressive for their RV insurance.
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

bigorange
Explorer
Explorer
Bank and insurance with usaa for years. Very happy with them.
Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
We've been USAA since 1963, when I was commissioned in the USAF (55 years). We bank with them exclusively except for maintaining a minimal balance at a local bank so we can change funds, and deposit cash. Our insurance is with them, we use them as one of our stock brokers and investment centers. On our insurance, I dictate how much insurance I will carry on my home and RV and although I have to grumble to them occasionally about the valuations they want to put on my buildings and vehicles and their "automatic" increases, they see it my way and I carry what I determine I need.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
DougE wrote:

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
Full-time since 8/2015

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
DarkSkySeeker wrote:
caysea7254 wrote:
Does anyone use this bank and if so any problems?

I have a comment with regard to USAA insurance. My sweetheart is an insurance broker and she found clients she lost to USAA were underinsured after losses in the October California wildfires. It is a way to get the premium down, but not a good way to do business.

Being under insured is the prior clients fault not the fault of USAA OR ANY insurance company

Folks shop by PRICE not by the actual coverage they need
Anyone under insured is because they don't want to pay what it takes to be over insured

Have a Credit Card from USAA....no issues but then again I don't carry any balances
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
Currently Between RVs

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
I typed in USAA bank reviews and that's where I seen them. We will fulltime in Jan. 2019. Since DH is a veteran we thought USAA would be a great bank and also We heard they have good medicare supplement insurance. Would be nice to get 5th Wheel & truck insurance also with them if cost is reasonable. I just need to call and get info from them. I trust fellow members on this forum, well most of them anyway!Lol Thanks again!
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
caysea7254 wrote:
Does anyone use this bank and if so any problems?

I have a comment with regard to USAA insurance. My sweetheart is an insurance broker and she found clients she lost to USAA were underinsured after losses in the October California wildfires. It is a way to get the premium down, but not a good way to do business.
There is something special about camping in an RV.