cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone tried double towing in BC Canada?

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
Iโ€™m wondering how many times a guy could get away with double towing through BC before getting pulled over. Absolutely ridiculous law prohibiting double towing but maybe the Leoโ€™s donโ€™t bother enforcing stupid laws?
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5
17 REPLIES 17

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
Really? Have you ever towed doubles? It's not that complicated. Some people might have a little trouble backing up but even that isn't difficult to learn. I think requiring a special license would be understandable.... there probably are some who shouldn't be towing anything, but most who are skilled at towing a single trailer certainly should have no trouble learning to tow doubles.

An awful lot of goods are safely shipped across BC in Super B's. What is the logic behind allowing 145,000 lb semi trucks on the road with two trailers yet forbidding people wanting to tow a 40ft 5th wheel with a boat on behind?
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
I think it's an absolutely ridiculous practice that should be outlawed in all 50 states, 10 provinces, and 3 territories.

Most of the people engaging in double towing have no business towing a single trailer, let alone two.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
its illegal and you will be made to unhook and tow one back to Alberta separately then come back for the other. no leniency on this one here. I looked into it because my dad always towed his fishing boat behind his 5th and wanted to bring it out so we could go fishing.

they enforce it, I just don't think anyone is stupid enough to try it ๐Ÿ˜‰

the amount of times I have driven from Kamloops to Edmonton going both the jasper and the Banff way in the last 35 years, I have never once seen a double tow in BC
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100