cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada sizzling!

Orion
Explorer
Explorer
We are at the beginning of a severe heatwave here in BC. The forecast high for Kamloops is 46C , which if achieved, will be the highest EVER Canadian temperature. What is really amazing is that it is still June! For those metrically challenged, that is 115F. Yes many places in the US have been hotter, but I bet that if we weren't still in a pandemic, we could go down to the ferry dock and watch passengers getting off the Seattle ferry wearing winter jackets! 😉
Sometimes I sit and think deep thoughts. other times, I just sit!
51 REPLIES 51

FWC
Explorer
Explorer
noteven wrote:

And remember -

If the high temp sets a "record" it is Climate Change ring the Alarms, virtue signal, pass laws, tax money...

If the temperature is a record low "you don't understand, that is weather which is not climate". Smarten up.

Let's explore this a little bit. Here are are the number of high and low records set in the US over the last 60 years. Do you notice anything here?

And if you are wondering why Canada may be about to set some records, consider what the average temperature of Canada has been trending and what impact that may have on the extremes:

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boon Docker wrote:
There are just way too many people that think global warming is farce.
x2. Fortunately, car makers and the electric utility industry take it quite seriously.

I was stunned to see the vast expanse of solar south of Boulder City NV. Good thing, as Lake Mead isn't looking too good. I just hope it's not too late to make much of an impact on this. We can try.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
pianotuna wrote:
noteven,

Look at the yearly average temperatures. The hottest five years since records have been kept are 2015 to 2020.

The reflectivity of the Earth is 50% less than it was in 2005. Meanwhile, just like a frog in a pot of water that is being warmed, mankind does just about nothing to mitigate these trends.

There are just way too many people that think global warming is farce. Unfortunately my grandkids are going to feel the full brunt of this farce.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
noteven,

Look at the yearly average temperatures. The hottest five years since records have been kept are 2015 to 2020.

The reflectivity of the Earth is 50% less than it was in 2005. Meanwhile, just like a frog in a pot of water that is being warmed, mankind does just about nothing to mitigate these trends.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Edmonton AB record high since 1884 - 37C 99F on June 29, 1937. (oops guess a hot day in June isn't "unprecedented").

search wikipedia for "list of extreme temperatures in Canada"

Alberta record high 43.3C 110F Bassano Dam July 21, 1931

BC 44.4C 112F Lytton & Lilloet July 16 and 17, 1941

Manitoba 44.4C 112F Emerson July 11 and 12, 1936

Ontario 42.2C 108F 3 times July 20, 1919, July 13, 1936, July 11 and 12, 2017

Canada record high 45C 113F Yellow Grass, SK July 5, 1937

And remember -

If the high temp sets a "record" it is Climate Change ring the Alarms, virtue signal, pass laws, tax money...

If the temperature is a record low "you don't understand, that is weather which is not climate". Smarten up.

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
I had never had a/c in a house until moving to Penticton. Now....oh yeah, baby....

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
Orion wrote:
We are at the beginning of a severe heatwave here in BC. The forecast high for Kamloops is 46C ,

thats not unusaly for Kamloops, it is if it gets that hot at the airport, but I am just east on the river vally and normaly I am 5 to 8 degrees hotter than the "Kamploops forcast". yesterday it was already 42(107.6 F) but because it isn't an airport temp its not real haha..
they are calling for 46C so I am expecting to tickel 50C (122F)here, in the last 9 years I believe the hottest I have seen is 47C for an actual tempature.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Finally getting some rain here, an all day soaker. Hope it's not to late for the farmers.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Hope you guys stay cool.

Here in Connecticut we've had a cooler than normal Spring.

We'll see how the summer shapes up!

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bird Freak wrote:
Climate change is nothing new. It's been happening since the earth was formed.
Yes, all of climate science agrees with you.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
Orion wrote:
Yes many places in the US have been hotter, but I bet that if we weren't still in a pandemic, we could go down to the ferry dock and watch passengers getting off the Seattle ferry wearing winter jackets! 😉

Probably not this time, Seattle is forecast to hit 42C.

I was thinking that if the border closures were over it would be nice to head up to BC to escape the Seattle heat... until I saw that BC was in the same heatwave as us!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
atreis wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:

We've just caused it to happen a heck of a lot faster.

Hugely faster and it is going to bite us.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:

We've just caused it to happen a heck of a lot faster.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds