cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

canada

66joej
Explorer
Explorer
is there a camping world store in canada?
have tried to buy parts and it keeps telling me shipped from usa.
with cost of this it makes it uneconomical.
any advice.
thanks joe
10 REPLIES 10

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Good Sam Care Team wrote:
Hello 66joej,

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately we do not have any Camping World stores in Canada so all shipping would be from the U.S.

Blake G
Marcus' Rapid Response Team

So when will you have stores in Canada? There's been rumors for several years now, when will it actually happen?

... Eric

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello 66joej,

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately we do not have any Camping World stores in Canada so all shipping would be from the U.S.

Blake G
Marcus' Rapid Response Team

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Double post

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Rarely buy rv supplies/stuff at home in Montreal but when I do it is from Walmart or Canadian Tire. If I need to order something not typically carried in stock, my local rv repair shop does it for me.

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
Beverley&Ken wrote:
Don't know where you are, but you have to shop around. Walmart's and Canadian Tires stores around here, have some RV supplies, but no where near the selection that RV stores have.
We looked for an Oxygenics shower head, not a Walmart or CTC, but the local RV dealers had them (prices ranged from $130-$150 Why?) Camping World price about $30. Similar pricing on other items.
We make our list and then shop south of the border.

Camping World does have a new website for Canadians, click, that does have an option for shipping by USPS, (for some items). It would eliminate the dreaded UPS broker fees, but you may still be subject to duty and or taxes. Personally have not used the new shipping option yet.

Beverley and Ken

TSC is starting to stock RV and boat items. We were in a couple the other day...Kitchener and Stratford. It surprised me that they have what they do.

poncho62
Explorer
Explorer
Have a look at Amazon.ca.....I have bought a few RV things from them with free shipping in about 3-5 days.....My local RV place is fairly reasonable on some stuff.

BTW...Beverly&Ken...my daughter recently moved to Tottenham...nice little town

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
Agree rv repair and supply stores are a better way to go than any chain stores.

I haven't lived near any city as big as 100,000 since 1978. It's a different world when you're near smaller centres. & somethings you do have to get by paying freight.

I was pointing out that when given a choice of a Canadian owned chain vs. any American chain, lots of Canadians will shop Canadian so that the American chain gives up carrying the products.

:C
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know where you are, but you have to shop around. Walmart's and Canadian Tires stores around here, have some RV supplies, but no where near the selection that RV stores have.
We looked for an Oxygenics shower head, not a Walmart or CTC, but the local RV dealers had them (prices ranged from $130-$150 Why?) Camping World price about $30. Similar pricing on other items.
We make our list and then shop south of the border.

Camping World does have a new website for Canadians, click, that does have an option for shipping by USPS, (for some items). It would eliminate the dreaded UPS broker fees, but you may still be subject to duty and or taxes. Personally have not used the new shipping option yet.

Beverley and Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
As far as that chain of stores for camping supplies goes, it's more expensive than others of the same supplies.

Frankly, I'd try Canadian Tire. It's Canadian. When I lived in Newfoundland, and Walmart set up shop in the same town, I found that local shoppers were Canadian loyal. Where they carried the same rving supplies as Wally World, locals went to Canadian Tire and Walmart quit carrying those things.

๐Ÿ™‚
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006