cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1987 pace Arrow Idaho to Texas

stymie37771
Explorer
Explorer
just purchased a 1987 Pace Arrow 34LB in Idaho and drove her all the way to Texas near Houston. 1,558 miles averaged 6.7 miles per gallon.
ran good - has 454 engine. did try to overheat once. added wetter water - no PROBLEMS --sat in a field for 4 yrs. tune up- new coolant-
now for some roof repair and other repairs - take up carpet and add wood floor (engeinered wood) 🙂
🙂
4 REPLIES 4

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow, I'd be freaking out buying out of a field in Idaho where it was idle and driving all he way to Houston, TX. Especially in a 1987. I'd have to give it some time and look a ton of stuff over. Glad you made it!
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Vannnce
Explorer
Explorer
Where in houston ya at? And what way did you come down here? Ive made that drive several times going home to washington. I usually come down all the way through utah. very pretty country through there
'02 f350 ECLB with some goodies. B&W/ Companion
2002 fleetwood prowler 32R-D
Full time RV'er, currently in Houston, TX

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your Pace Arrow. I hope you have many trouble free miles ahead of you.

Enjoy your travels.

BobandShaz
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you!!! 🙂
Bob and Sharon

2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179