cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1994 Monaco Dynasty 36

Lonna
Explorer
Explorer
I am considering purchasing this MH, but one of the things that's making me pause is the age. It appears to be in good shape, has 78k miles on it all of which I'm fine with. What I don't know is have there been improvements since 94 that have greatly improved the efficiency of a 36' coach, enough improvement that would lead me to spending more? I don't need anything fancy, my base requirements were 36' or under, min 10k towing capacity and 300hp motor with Allison 6sp. This coach has all of that at a reasonable price.

Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Fishinghat
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 1993 HR Navigator, which compares with this Monaco. I've had it for 10 years and would definitely buy it again. It is well made and performs like new.

As DonBaja pointed out, the newer rigs have electronic controls on the engines for emission control purposes, so they get less miles per gallon. Newer rigs also have slides, and while they are very nice while parked and give you so much more room, they also can leak and the rigs are harder to heat/cool.

Good luck. (And, no, I don't know who the present owner is even though he/she also probably lives in Washington.)
Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow

Lonna
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same thoughts, that fewer "things" mean less to go wrong. I will have it inspected by an expert, as this is definitely NOT my field of expertise! It's amazing that a 20 year old coach can still be in such great shape, but that all goes to how it's been cared for. The current owner has had it for 10 years and always kept it inside when not in use.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

DonBaja
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same exact coach. Mine was well cared for (always garaged) and is solid. The newer coaches all have improvements that work against you like electronic diesels that are more complicated and more expensive to repair. Slides that add weight, complexity, and leak. On and on. Make sure it was regularly serviced and have someone do an inspection.