cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1994 Pursuit 2701

BigCanoe
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking online at this older class a. It has 30k miles. In the ad they call it a Pursuit and it says that in the pics. Ad also says Coachmen. Where can I find oit more? Any tips on what questions to ask? The price is 7k. Thanks!
2008 Winnebago Outlook 31C
2013 Honda Fit 5-speed
8 REPLIES 8

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Too many people post on this forum about buying older units. Of course everyone has a different budget and priorities. Not everyone can or wants to spend $40,00 plus on something newer. But how would you feel if that $7000 unit turns into a $20,000 albatross. You might need a new fridge( $1200 plus), new tires and batteries ( $1600), engine tune up and maybe more( $1500), Fluid changes($400). The there is the unknown: delamination, roof leaks, dry rot.

Moisheh

BigCanoe
Explorer
Explorer
I'm focusing on entry level because of my budget. We like the older style interior of this unit.
2013 Honda Fit 5-speed

carp65
Explorer
Explorer
We full-timed for 10 years in a 2005 Georgie Boy Pursuit II, 35 Year anniversary
edition. Had 62,000 trouble-free miles on it when we traded for a 2015 Tiffin
Allegro. Even though it was an entry-level motorhome, it served us very well--
just me and my wife--no kids, no pets!

BigCanoe
Explorer
Explorer
True. I want pictures of the roof, details on tires/battery, maintenance before I make the road trip to see it. I will ask more once I get a feel for the general condition. There are a few pictures.
2013 Honda Fit 5-speed

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
NEWER TIRES would be a concern to me. Their definition of newer and mine are probably at different ends of the scale.

I would figure in the price of new tires if you decide to negotiate with the dealer.
And, that is assuming it unit is in decent condition.

Ask lots of questions before you give the dealer any money or sign any agreements.

BigCanoe
Explorer
Explorer
Sadly that's all I know right now. They are closed. It says new generator, newer tires, based on Chevrolet. I'm somewhat handy but not exceedingly. It will be used for vacation trips locally and living in short term while renovating a house. I appreciate the feedback!

Here is the ad

1994 PURSUIT 2701 27 FOOT; CHEVY CHASSIS; REAR QUEEN BED; REAR BATHROOM; COUCH; DINETTE; 30,000 MILES; SLEEPS 6; NEWER TIRES; NEW GENERATOR - ONANA 4000 MICRO QUIET; EVERYTHING WORKS; RUNS EXCELLENT!
2013 Honda Fit 5-speed

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2, be handy, be very very handy. What is the purpose of the RV? Sometimes the older coaches are better for a "park it at the lake lot" than "travel the whole country".
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Your information is very vague. Pursuit was a name used by Georgie Boy. I think they became part of Coachman. Neither were highly rated units. Are you handy? A $7000 MH is likely to need a lot of work. That vehicle is 23 years old!
Moisheh