cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1995 Damon ford engine

1hotgma
Explorer
Explorer
I was stuck in traffic in Seattle and it was an hour of stop and go. I think my breaks got hot because after that for about five to 10 miles my breaks didn't want to work I would bump them and that help for a while then I didn't need them and they cooled down and seemed to be fine. After camping for the week end the drive home was fine no problems. I have been looking for the holder for the break fluid to add some fluid but can't find it. Does anyone know where its located. Precision Auto did my tune up but they couldn't find it either.
4 REPLIES 4

Geocritter
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a rather poor picture of the master cylinder assembly on my 1994 Holiday Rambler. The bottom of plastic brake fluid reservoir can be seen at the very top middle of the photo.

Sorry its not a better photo, I took it last spring for other purposes.

Steve

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Look under the doghouse to the left and way up front. I may not be attached to the master cylinder. It will be higher than the MC.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Geocritter
Explorer
Explorer
I'm assuming you have an F53 chassis like mine. That said the master cylinder and brake fluid reservoir can be reached through the front drivers-side wheel well.

Ditto with wolfe10 clean and lube your brake caliper slides. I had the same problem once because of sticking brake calipers.

Apparently the people that engineer these things never ever have to work on them themselves. Aren't Ford's fun!

Steve

PS If I were you I'd find another place to work on your RV. A place that actually had competent people working there.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, if the brakes got that how, you need to CHANGE the brake fluid.

And particularly with the F53 chassis, to clean and lube the brake CALIPER SLIDES.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/