cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1999 Gulfstream Ulta

The_Waites
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at this unit with 2 slides, 50, 000 miles 24 foot. Can anyone share their experience with this brand? I've read that Gulfstream no longer builds class C"s, is that a concern? Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you!
7 REPLIES 7

derosacamp
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Gulfstream Ultra and experienced window leaks. This problem is not unique to Gulfstream but on my rig the problem has been persistent.
Peter and Cindy
2006 Gulf Stream Ultra

The_Waites
Explorer
Explorer
thank you

Ponderosa
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 1999 Gulfstream Ultra. Mine was a 31 footer. I had two complaints which are probably more model specific. First, the rear hangover behind the wheels went straight out with little up taper. The effect of that was that it dragged on even the most tame of gas station driveways. It had skids that I cut off and put on metal wheels but it was still a problem. The other was that it was simply too heavy. A pack of paper napkins pushed it over the CCC. It blew rear tires to the point I did not trust it anymore and traded it.
2015 Thor Windsport 32N

Ponderosa
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 1999 Gulfstream Ultra. Mine was a 31 footer. I had two complaints which are probably more model specific. First, the rear hangover behind the wheels went straight out with little up taper. The effect of that was that it dragged on even the most tame of gas station driveways. It had skids that I cut off and put on metal wheels but it was still a problem. The other was that it was simply too heavy. A pack of paper napkins pushed it over the CCC. It blew rear tires to the point I did not trust it anymore and traded it.
2015 Thor Windsport 32N

ronfisherman
The Waites wrote:
We are looking at this unit with 2 slides, 50, 000 miles 24 foot. Can anyone share their experience with this brand? I've read that Gulfstream no longer builds class C"s, is that a concern? Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you!

GS is building Class C's again. http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wouldn't be particularly concerned that the company is no longer building class C's. The chassis is standard, serviced the same as any other Ford or whatever. The appliances and so forth similarly are made by other companies, the same makes as most any other motorhome, and parts are equally available (or unavailable). There are relatively few things that would be unique to Gulfstream; and even if they still made class C's, there's absolutely no guarantee they'd still have any unique parts still available after nearly twenty years.

I looked at a Gulfstream Ultra when I was shopping for my motorhome. I really liked the layout of that particular unit. I did not like that it had sat without maintenance for at least a few years and so was in very poor shape with extensive water damage, to the point that I didn't feel safe examining the roof for fear of falling through.

tobydad
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 98 Yellowstone built by gulfstream, also 24 foot with one slide. Just traded it in last summer. The major problem was with roof leaks even though I treated the roof and sealed all seams every year. Check inside all cabinets using a flashlight to see if there is any water stains. These kinds of leaks are hidden and not noticed until major repairs are needed. Granted the unit was old, but served me well over many years.