cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 Roadtrek Popular 19

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to locate the macerater manual crank to clean out our holding tanks. The picture provided by Roadtrek is dark and difficult to identify anything.

Could someone tell me where the manual crank is located. I know it is beside the water drain but I haven't seen that either.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
You misunderstood what I said. I was talking about the gadget that clears blockages. I now understand that I don't need it as long as the macerator is working properly. It is. So, I won't need to use anything but the macerator to dump my tanks.

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
nbking wrote:
Thanks to both of you.

I assumed the clean out was used for each dumping. Since the macerator is not stuck, I will not need to use it - for now. I should be able to find the drain plug and will take a look today.

I will look for the Drain J at Canadian Tire this week and use it in the future.

Your assistance is appreciated.

Wait - you have a macerator but don't (never?) use it? We have used our OEM macerator since 2005 (our 210P) was one of the first RT's to be equipped with one) with no problems - in fact we're till using the original hose! It makes dumping quick, easy, and clean! 10 years ago it was a marvel to all of our Class A & C CG neighbors who were struggling with their clumsy drain hoses.
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to both of you.

I assumed the clean out was used for each dumping. Since the macerator is not stuck, I will not need to use it - for now. I should be able to find the drain plug and will take a look today.

I will look for the Drain J at Canadian Tire this week and use it in the future.

Your assistance is appreciated.

senf
Explorer
Explorer
I had some "Drain J" left over from the stick house. Bought it at Canadian Tire. It is used for cleaning waste pipes and is safe for for septic tanks. So I put some in the black tank and some in the grey tank along with some water. I allowed some of the solution to sit overnight in the macerator. Now the macerator runs very quietly and smoothly while working and only when it runs out of fluid can you hear it.
"Drive with Care, Life has no Spare!"
2008 Roadtrek C190V 6.0L Hella Fog, Nighthawk Driving, Halogen Reverse Lights, Fiamma Air Horn, Firestone Air Bags, Custom Bed & Mattress, Custom O/Head Tray. website www.sen-f.ca

booster
Explorer
Explorer
It will be behind the fiberglass skirting on the drivers side so you can't see it unless you bend down and look under just to the rear of the valve handles. Small knob on the end of a rod. You push on it and then turn it to loosen a stuck rotor in the macerator, it will not pump out the tanks by itself, so it the pump isn't stuck, it won't do you any good.

The emergency "drain" is really just a plug in the plumbing from the tanks and is under the skirting on the passenger side right behind the passenger door. Messy job to use.