cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2012 Roadtrek SS Starter Fuse Problem

dixied
Explorer
Explorer
Heads up to anyone with Mercedes Sprinter 2011 chassis on your B: I went out to crank my Roadtrek last week, and even though everything lit up, air conditioner and radio came on, NOTHING happened when I tried to start it--no click, no nothing. I ended up having it towed 70 miles to the Mercedes Sprinter dealer. Turns out, Mercedes put a 20A fuse in the starter slot, when it should be 25A. I found out on a Sprinter forum that this happened on the 2011 model. Dealers were notified, but no recall issued. Now I am taking the RT to a camper place to make sure nothing was screwed up underneath when it was towed. I'm out $75 for deductable on towing, and whatever the camper place charges me. Makes me mad...
Dixie and the Goldendoodles, Nikkibear and Gus
2012 Roadtrek SS Agile
2 REPLIES 2

dixied
Explorer
Explorer
I have Coach Net and requested a flatbed. Coach Net would not let me use a local company which could do it on a flatbed, and instead required that I use one they sent down to me from Memphis, TN. They said they could not use a flatbed with the Roadtrek. Very exasperating ordeal.
Dixie and the Goldendoodles, Nikkibear and Gus
2012 Roadtrek SS Agile

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
Always request a flatbed, never let it be towed. Hope everything is OK.
If you have Coachnet, or Good Sam Roadside Assistance, getting a flatbed should not be a problem.