cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Sunova Question on Converter Location

Racorman
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2012 30' Sunova Class A and have a fairly decent knowledge of the working components in my rig. However, I don't know where the converter is located. The conveI have a 2012 30' Sunova Class A and have a fairly decent knowledge of the working components in my rig. However, I don't know where the converter is located. The converter is what charges the house batteries and the owners manual says it is a Mity-Mite SARVC Schumacher converter..... but I have no idea where it is located.

I would expect it should be near the batteries, under the steps, but would appreciate if someone could direct me to the location..... perhaps a photo if possible.

Many thanks!

2012 Itasca 30' flat towing a 2013 Jeep Wrangler
AKA..... 56Nomad
2012 Itasca 30' Class A
2013 Jeep 2dr Wrangler
6 REPLIES 6

Racorman
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your replies. One fella on the Winnebago owner forum used the online PDF files of the factory wiring diagrams and figured out it was somewhere near the bathroom.

I removed all interior panels of the bathroom vanity cabinet...... and found the converter mounted on the floor. I would never have found it, but for one great RV sleuth! :C
AKA..... 56Nomad
2012 Itasca 30' Class A
2013 Jeep 2dr Wrangler

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Your converter is likely under the kitchen or rear bathroom counter.
2010 Suncruiser

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Would suggest you go to Winnebagoind.com, click on resources and download the electrical schematics manual for your coach. Also, download the other support manuals available.
Will be really helpful down the road.
2010 Suncruiser

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
A CONVERTER does not have to be near the Batteries, so it can be anywhere. Most of the time they are located within a few feet of the main 120 breaker panel. Do not know if this is what you want to do, but it is a GOOD upgrade to do. Doug

Many Winnebago motor homes are now delivered with the Schumacher 55 Amp Power Center that includes a single stage converter/charger not generally considered by many to be the best option for deep cycle battery charging. Since there is no multi-stage charging option for these units, many of our customers have installed a stand alone Boondocker 4 stage converter/charger adjacent to the Schumacher. This simple procedure converts a Shumacher to a 4 stage "Smart" charger.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes they are hidden away under the cabinets, mine is behind a false door under the fridg that requires me to remove false door and gain access.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Locate your 120 volt circuit breakers. Converter is normally adjacent to them.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker