cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2013 Coachmen Sportscoach Pathfinder Elite 40'

dkingdoe
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to purchase a used 2013 Coachmen Sportscoach Pathfinder Elite 40'. We've never owned a Coachmen product. Would accept any feedback positive and/or negative. Thanks in advance.
Stan & Doris ๐Ÿ™‚ (Retired 2012)
'13 Coachmen Pathfinder 404RB
'17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited/Toad
7 REPLIES 7

bass_n_bob
Explorer
Explorer
we bought a 2014 Sportscoach 361 DL last October. We only had one 7000 mile trip before having to shut down for the winter. Very pleased with how it ran and how it looks. Can't wait to take another trip.

rolling_rhoda
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoyed our '06 Coachmen Sportscoach. Yes, the drawers and cabinets aren't top of the line, but the floorplan worked very well for us. It had far more storage than we needed, even traveling with two teens. It drove well, too. We traded for friend's tag axle with basically the same layout.

67Cutlass
Explorer
Explorer
We owned a 2003 Sportscoach 376DS Limited Edition that was purchased new in 2003. We kept that motorhome for over 10 years. Other than normal maintenance and needing the turbo charger replaced at 66,000 it was an extremely reliable motorhome. The 376DS is considered an 'entry level' DP. Nothing wrong with that. It's doesn't have as many automated features as higher end models. Which is good. The simpler the more reliable.

The 2013 Coachmen Sportscoach Pathfinder Elite 40 rides on a Freightliner chassis. Freightliner has about 80% of the DP market. If service is needed it's easy to find a Freightliner repair center. If you purchase this and liver near Gaffney SC. I suggest you take it there for the yearly service. Prices are very reasonable and we have never had a problem with service there in the last 13 years.

We only got rid of our 376DS because we wanted more living space/basement storage/slides for our retirement. We didn't go with Coachmen again because none of their floor plans worked for us. I highly recommend Coachmen motorhomes. You do get a lot of bang for the buck.
2012 Phaeton 40QBH
2015 Jeep Cherokee
SMI Air Force One
Retired USAF - CEVG and AFTAC
Member of Tiffin RV Network Forum

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
I had two Coachmen products before my current coach..a 31 ft C and a 37 foot A...they were decent for the price but not top of the line trim etc but it all worked...it was not the best insulated (single pane windows) but you learn as you go along..Coachmen has since become part of Forest River...
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

Davehrn
Explorer
Explorer
I've had a 2010 coachmen Mirada 32DS for a few years now (got it 1 yr used)... it's not the highest quality, but it's not the worst. I felt it was the design I wanted and well worth the cost. and recently I've found even the higher quality coaches have about the same finish as my coachmen. (poor when compared to stick and brick houses)
If repairs are a concern - perhaps its best to purchase a warranty. I think most coaches need some repairs to begin. I also think most issues people have with repairs are related to their dealer. One dealer is great another is horrible. I am very handy so making repairs is easy for me. Expect most coaches built now, will have yearly minor issues (due to normal use) and an occasional major issue (often due to misuse) - by example my engines air compressor needed replaced (due to non-use) the year before she came to me. under my care she is started over the winter on a regular basis and the air compressor is exercised.
would I buy again? yes... but I don't think I would pay full price for any coach.
~dave
2010 Coachmen Mirada 32ds
DW: Nora
DD: Silas White German Shepherd / Husky Mix

Preacher_Man
Explorer
Explorer
We've owned a 2004 Sportscoach 376DS Limited Edition since it was new in Jan 2004. We have nearly 270K miles on it and over 19K hours on the Onan 7500W quiet diesel generator. We've had a few items go out (cooling unit on the frig in the first year, transmission had to be replaced due to a bad trans cooler) other than those few items, we have been very pleased with the unit. We would only buy something else based on our needs and use, not because we don't like Coachman.
Mark Walter
J-Angel Productions
Web and Media Company
2004 Sportscoach LE 376 DS
Cat 3126E, Allison 3000

dkingdoe
Explorer
Explorer
HELP anyone!
Stan & Doris ๐Ÿ™‚ (Retired 2012)
'13 Coachmen Pathfinder 404RB
'17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited/Toad