cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 Seneca

Pigkisser
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just had an opportunity to check out the 2014 Jayco Seneca at a dealer in Las Vegas. It looks like Jayco is finally getting it right and properly utilizing the M2 chassis. The 22.5" wheels and air suspension are great additions to the Seneca and should have been included when they first started using the M2 a couple of years ago.

I did not drive the unit and was wondering if anyone here owns a 2014 or has had the chance to drive one on the highway and what their impressions are. I'm thinking about upgrading from my current 2007 model.
2007 Jayco Seneca 33SS
2010 Jeep Wrangler 4 door 4X4 toad
Ready Brute/Ready Brake tow bar/brake combination
Yeti Ice Chest
9 REPLIES 9

BobandShaz
Explorer
Explorer
Poohpigletandtigerto wrote:
Oh it is nice on the road! Performance A+!
Having some electrical issues and heating issues.
We have owned ares for 6months and been it the whole time cold weather and mildly hot, we have enjoyed it, question the cost of it sometimes and it does have quirks!
However the motor, chassis and transmission so far are outstanding!

What quirks please??
Bob and Sharon

2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179

Ja_Mata
Explorer
Explorer
I looked hard at the Seneca. For the price etc. capacity, tow capability, motor, transmission etc. I opted the Embark with the ISC engine, 3200 Transmission, 9000# cargo capacity, 20,000# tow capacity etc.

I may kick myself in the near future, however it really meets my "mission" much better than the Seneca in to capacity.

I was holding out for new Dynamax DX3 but the used Embark was a much better value.

I am not sure either why someone would purchase a new Seneca when the Dynamax DX3 is in its price competition. ISB vs. ISC etc. etc.

I am not totally sure of what a real "deal price" is for the new Seneca, but it seems like you can get a DX3 for right around $200K new. 9.0L ISC, 1100ft#s of torque etc.
Ja Mata | Jayco Embark TB390

bumpus4
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the process of selecting the 2014 or 2015 Seneca 36FK. Just trying to make up my mind. Should I wait til the 2015s come out or put a deposit down on a 2014 this coming Monday. I can pick the 2014 up as early as Fri. the 15th. If there are any quirks or "things" I need to question or address before please advise. Me getting antsy.
Thanks, bumpus4@attglobal.net

Pigkisser
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pooh,

What do you mean by "it does have quirks". Can you elaborate? Also, what were the heating and electrical problems.

Thanks.
2007 Jayco Seneca 33SS
Yeti Ice Chest

Poohpigletandti
Explorer
Explorer
Oh it is nice on the road! Performance A+!
Having some electrical issues and heating issues.
We have owned ares for 6months and been it the whole time cold weather and mildly hot, we have enjoyed it, question the cost of it sometimes and it does have quirks!
However the motor, chassis and transmission so far are outstanding!

az99
Explorer
Explorer
bumpus4 wrote:
My 2008 drives as good as a pickup.
If you think the 08 drives like a pickup, you will think the M2 is a Corvette. ๐Ÿ™‚ Good Luck

bumpus4
Explorer
Explorer
We too have a 08 Seneca and are in the process of replacing it with a 2014/2015. Whichever the dealer can get from the manf. We had a few issues when we bought the 08 in 09 but nothing that made the world stop. We worked the bugs out and have enjoyed several years of problem free travel. The 2014/2015 is not your 2008 Seneca. You wouldn't believe the improvement's (or price). My 2008 drives as good as a pickup.

Pigkisser
Explorer III
Explorer III
AZ99,

Thanks for the input regarding the M2 and it's driving habits.

The Dynamax units we looked at did not have a floor plan that we liked. The Renegade is very nice, but they are very pricey. We have visited with the Showhauler folks, but really don't want a Class 8 truck chassis due to the extreme length of the units (usually in the 45 foot range).

The Seneca on the M2 chassis fits our desire to have a heavier chassis, but remain under 40 foot overall length. Plus we like a couple of the floor plans. We have had good overall results with our Seneca and have no issues with purchasing another Jayco product.
2007 Jayco Seneca 33SS
Yeti Ice Chest

az99
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Embark which is basically the same chassis except with the bigger 8.3L Cummins engine. I also had an 07 Seneca. The driving of this truck is so much better than the old Kodiak 5500 chassis. If it has enough power with the 6.7L engine for you, you will like it. I felt the Seneca has a better power to weight ratio than the M2 even with the 1000 ft.lb. 8.3L.

I really like the M2 chassis and would buy another but not the Jayco part of it.

Did you look at the new Dynamax or the Renegade?

Good Luck