cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Winnebago - Journey - 42E

RWjSIM2003
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking and really considering a new MH. Found a 2014 Winnebago - Journey - 42E that we really like. Have looked at many other manufactures and models. For the price and all the options the Journey matches our needs and wants. Anyone have any feedback on this model good or bad just looking for input. We will be full timing in the MH for about 3 years and then it will be use more for snow birding.
15 REPLIES 15

two-niner
Explorer
Explorer
To the OP. A previous poster stated there hasn't been much change in the last several years. Absolute not true.
We had a 2008 Winnebago Tour that was really great. However, at a RV rally DW found she wanted a new 2012 Tour. So we got the 2012 Tour.
The difference is/was night and day. The 2012 Tour is light years advanced from the 2008 Tour. It's your money, do the due diligence, then make up your mind.
Kerry

Skigolfworld
Explorer
Explorer
We may be having a fire sale if you are interested! I'm hoping for good resolution as we plan to be on the road shortly. I'll followup with facts on how Winnebago Industries resolved this.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
IMHO, Great Coach!

Skigolfworld
Explorer
Explorer
Bill - Thanks for the reply. You are right. It could happen in any motorhome since Winnebago didn't build the inverter.

WGO did warrant the inverter for one year along with 48 hour emergency parts shipment. The Journey was at the dealer on June 12th. Work order approved June 24th, Parts shipped June 30th ground. It's been at the dealer for 25 days. No contact since June 24th.

It is Winnebago Industries responsibility to manage its dealers. I do hope this information helps people in their decision making.

Bill_S_1
Explorer
Explorer
Skigolfworld wrote:
I purchased a new 13 Winnebago Journey 34B last August. On June 11th the inverter malfunctioned and caught fire. It was next to our home. Fortunately or maybe not, it was not destroyed. The main coach suffered mainly smoke damage.

Today, July 7th, it has been at the dealer 25 days and still not repaired. Nobody has called me since June 24th. I called Winnebago Service today. The parts were shipped June 30th via Bestway ground.

I hope this helps you in your decision making.

I'm sorry about the fire, and damage to your motorhome. But Winnebago didn't build the inverter, and that could have happened to literally any motorhome, in any price range.

Winnebago ships parts the same, or the next day, after receipt of the order. If your dealer didn't actually place the order, and with the info WGO needs for warranty, there will be delays. Order something through Lichtsinn Motors, the dealer right across the street from the factory, and see how long it takes for you to get it.

I hope you get back on the road soon, and can enjoy your coach as you would like.
Bill, (aka Capt.Bill)
2002 Horizon 36LD, Cat 330
RVing since 1987
First State

Skigolfworld
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a new 13 Winnebago Journey 34B last August. On June 11th the inverter malfunctioned and caught fire. It was next to our home. Fortunately or maybe not, it was not destroyed. The main coach suffered mainly smoke damage.

Today, July 7th, it has been at the dealer 25 days and still not repaired. Nobody has called me since June 24th. I called Winnebago Service today. The parts were shipped June 30th via Bestway ground.

I hope this helps you in your decision making.

TomfromNC
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

I am the proud owner of a 2014 Winnebago Adventurer 35P and love it. Even though it is the top of the line in gas coaches it has all the amenities one could ask for even for full timing plus it fits in most state and national parks. We stay in ours for 3 months in the winter and enjoy it plus with slides out it is roomy.
The best part about it is it doesn't cost you and arm and 2 feet to change the oil or maintain it. Diesels are expensive to maintain mechanically. As far as problems with the coach, they all have problems but being the first owner you can get them fixed even if you have to run to Forest City and the factory. They take care of you there for sure.
We are on our Fourth Winne and really like them.
Good Luck and maybe you would want to consider the Adventurer, which also is made in a 38 footer.
2014 Winnebago Adventurer 35p
2000 Roadmaster Tow Dolly
2011 Ford Escape Limited
Have a Great Day and take time to smell the roses!

rafo
Explorer
Explorer
I started with a Journey. I was not happy with the workmanship. But you get what you pay for. It is a great coach but there is a reason it is not a 500K coach. I traded it in and purchased a country coach. Now... I dont know how important "NEW" is to you, but I personally would buy a 800k MSRP coach that is now used for 300-350k than buy a new Journey for 250k.

MHs have not changed much in technology the last 5-6 years. So you are not getting anything spectacular in a 2014 vs a 2009.

just something to think about. The older custom coach will probably hold its value better because it is a night and day different from a Journey.

Go take a look at some used older coaches in that price range. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. And remember for 25k you can rejuvenate a lot of anything that has weathered and aged.

kjburns
Explorer
Explorer
The 42E is very similar to our 2011 Tour 42QD. It's a very comfortable floor plan that is well suited to life as a full time coach. We love ours.
2019 Dynamax Isata3 24FW

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from RV Parks and Campgrounds to Class A Forum
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
ed6713 wrote:
Instead of posting this under RV Parks, you might try Class A. Motor homes.
Probably get a better response.

Just an idea.

Ed

Double ditto.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
I doubt you can find a motorhome with Zero problems.

However, among the builders, Winnie ranks well above average.

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
While not the same model we lover our Journey 40U, it's got 23000 miles on it and no real problems.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
buying any RV is sort of a cr@p shoot. making it a winnie sort of shifts the odds a little in your favor.
bumpy