cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2015 Minnie Winnie 22R vs Sunseeker 2300

EdT
Explorer
Explorer
I am having a hard time deciding between these two. Both have approximately same bottom dollar price. Any help would be appreciated, especially those who own one of them. Thanks, Ed
Ed Traweek
1999 Coachmen Santara 351 SB
7 REPLIES 7

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our Itasca Class C has about a 5 inch step-down into the cab and a flat coach floor from there on back. Hence, it's somewhat of a basement design.

What this gets us is five (5) exterior storage bays with plenty of height for items and two (2) exterior storage bays going laterally across the coach tucked between the frame and the coach floor for storage of long items. These seven (7) storage bays, because of the basement design, give us enough room to keep the Class C fully loaded the same for every trip so we're ready for anything, anytime, on any type of trip. This makes packing the RV easy because food and clothing are the only considerations, as everything else is always in the RV.

We don't care much about looking out the front cab window when parked, but of course we somewhat still can. Our coach is 101.5 inches wide, with 6'8" of headroom. It does not have a slide, and with only the two of us it's widebody design takes away the need for a slide. What no slide gets us is a lighter overall RV weight, a stronger coach box due to better wall shear strength, and more leak proofness over time.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

EdT
Explorer
Explorer
I am really learning from your comments so far. I did not know about the flat floor in the Winnie, which is a plus for us at our age. I have heard better remarks about the Chevy over the Ford re. leg room and engine heat. The Winnie does not offer a Chevy option. How important is this? I don't mind "drab" interiors as long as there is quality. I have not seen either unit other than on the internet. I hope this thread will continue. Thanks, Ed
Ed Traweek
1999 Coachmen Santara 351 SB

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
We looked at the Sunseeker and were impressed with the layout and the huge rear storage bay. Unfortunately that bay necessitates the step up in the rear third of the coach as noted above. The Sunseeker can be had with the Chevy chassis which gives a little more leg room for the driver/passenger.

The Sunseeker should be (a lot), less money than the Winnie, about $60k nicely equipped but for the same money you could have very nice Nexus 23P {see my sig}. We love ours as it is probably the roomiest 24footer out there {7' interior and 101" wide body}.

There is more storage both inside and out then you will probably ever use. After nearly 2 years and 22K+ miles, we have only managed to utilize about 60% of what's available. The V-10/5 speed Torque Shift Trans are amazing and with the 55 gallon fuel tank there are few limits as to where you can go.

Everyone has their favorites but seriously, if you haven't looked at Nexus.... you should.

As always.... Opinions and YMMV.

:C

johnnyrv
Explorer
Explorer
sunseeker has better interior quality, but the sink is outside the bathroom and has a step in the living area

winnebage drab interior but flat floor which is good. however uneven
entry steps a hazzard. noisy motor on the one we test drove. decided on the four winds 22e. happy with it. no problems so far.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
I feel you on that step-up. The DW DQ's a 30-ft Hurricane Class A we looked at. But there's a flip side. If you want "basement" storage, it's available in a C only two ways:

1. Set the whole coach high on the frame. This results in a big step down into a grotto that's the cockpit. You also have no view out the windshield from the parked RV.

2. Set the coach a little lower on the frame and raise something to provide that height from the outside. Usually part of the bedroom floor. Sometimes the whole bedroom.

Our C rides low. No steps inside, has a low drop to the cockpit, allows some windshield view. BUT!!! poor outside storage...
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
The 2012 Sunseeker we looked at had the step up in the floor ? The Winnie had a flat floor all the way back.
To some that step means nothing, to me it might as well be a 5 foot drop off !
With my bad back all it takes is one miss-step and I'm down for the count laid up in bed for 2-3 days ;(

For new I'd go look at the Nexus 23P ๐Ÿ˜‰

dalehelman
Explorer
Explorer
No contest its Winnabago for me hands down. We truly loved our Adventure. They have been building Rvs longer than anyone out there.
Dale & Sandi
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2015 Little Guy T@B Sofitel
Liberty Lake (Spokane) WA.

DIY Manual replacement for Workhorse Auto Park emergency brake.

Stay In Play Duo Toad Braking System