cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

92 Rockwood Motorhome Question...

Droneguy
Explorer
Explorer
I found a 92 Rockwood motorhome, 27ft, class A, p/s, p/b, tilt, 454 eng, 400 trans, low miles for sale.

I wanted to get opinions on this motor home and if it would be good for a first time motorhome owner etc?

also what would be a good price for this motorhome.
3 REPLIES 3

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
With that information, I just copied it and did a google search. There it is in Dayton. Looking at one of the side pictures, there is some serious waves in the finish. That will likely mean a lot of rot and delamination.

Owning an older rig like that is often a real lesson on knowing your stuff. If you have had rigs for years and are handy with troubleshooting and repairs, sometimes you can get a good one. But first timers often buy, then when it pours rain and the walls are wet, they realize there is something going on, so they start taking it apart, only to find extensive rot and repairs needed that they can never afford.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of weak points on that old chevy P32 chassis. Independent front suspension that had room for improvements. Auto park brake with a high rate of failure. Throttle body injection, not GMs best effort at tuning.
I agree with Dog Trainer. Keep looking.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Dog_Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
A 1992 MH is a 25 yr old unit. Why would you want to start out with something that old. There are plenty of newer MH around that you can buy at a fair price and not lose your shirt on if you decide it is not for you. IMHO you would be buying a bunch ofpossible problems.
2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)