cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

95 Newell for $45,000. Cand you get insurance for it?

HOM
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking at a 1995 Newell for $45,000. Are there places that will loan money on a motorhome that old? Or if its over 10 years old you're out of luck?

Thanks,

HJ
9 REPLIES 9

MrWizard
you can go to your original post
look on the right at the blue links
click edit
you can change the subject line
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Foodsman
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you glamisorbust, I am a vet and a member of USAA and I would not have thought of that. The recommendation to contact Newell is also an excellent idea and I'll follow up on both of them!

Thank you

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
Insurance should be no problem.
My experience with loans on older MH (or RV's in general) is the older they are the higher the percentage down goes up.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
insurance companies are greedy, you should be able to find someone to take your money.

geotex1
Explorer
Explorer
Any chance you belong to a credit union? I know mine would lend pending an independent market appraisal, but also know the finance rate will reflect the age (currently at 8.875% for age and amount and require 20% down as I just logged in to see).

Insurance is not a problem at all provide the value is justifiable to the insurance company (would be surprised if not with a Newell). Probably with that rig I would go the route of an agreed value policy that you can obtain from specialty vehicle insurers.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hard to say on the loan. Most, but not all, prefer not to loan on a coach over 10 years old. You'll need to ask around. The lenders look at an older coach as a bit higher risk that you might default on it. As such if you do find a lender the interest rate might be a couple of percentage points higher and/or require a substantial down payment.

Considering the uniqueness of a Newell I would give them a call directly (1-888-3NEWELL (1-888-363-9355))and ask the sales staff. They might have lenders that understand what a Newell is a bit more than a box of wheels.

Concerning insurance - worst case scenario Lloyds of London will insure anything. Weren't there a couple of actresses that insure their legs in the 1950s-60s with Lloyds?
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

MrWizard
The topic/subject line says insurance NOT loan

Please edit..to correct this
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

glamisorbust
Explorer
Explorer
If you're a veteran, call USAA and get the loan. Mine is a 99 model and I got a loan for $33k in august.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38'. Cummins ISB 275, allison 3060.
Toys pulled: 22x8.5 open deck PJ flatbed. 5200# axles. Sand car with ecotec engine. Multiple 1980's ATC's(3 wheelers). We're duners!

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
If you have the capability, you may want to look at a home equity line. Few, if any, financial institutions will loan money on a vehicle that old and if they do, most likely they will only lend around 60% of the book value on it. Insurance shouldn't be a problem.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------