cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A little imput please

frank_henn
Explorer
Explorer
Looking a a 2003 Winnebago Journey 34HD and a Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36DD Both have the same milage 93K bothe are the same price. Excellent Maintence recrords on both. the Tire code are year old on both. Either floor plan will work for DW what should I be looking for on these units.. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Look for one with lower mileage.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I'd keep looking.

The Ambassaddor 36DD is built on the Roadmaster RR4R chassis. This is the chassis with the breaking trailing arms on the rear axle. Even if this is already fixed, from what I've read this chassis has a reputation for a rough ride. I have no actual experience with the RR4R, however. Maybe you will get some feedback from owners of the RR4R chassis.

Good luck with your search.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The thing I used to look for when I was married was a 2nd toilet.

Get the one DW likes best, that's all I can advise.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
Same size motors in both? If there's a difference, get the one with larger HP/torque in relation to length of MH.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check out winebago windshield frame rot threads. Not sure if that year had the problems, but worth exploring before commiting.

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
Well, from the many posts I've read on this forum, both brands appear to be of a good quality.

That being said, personally I would most likely choose the one with a floor plan that best suits our needs. If both diesel powered I would lean toward the Cumming powered rig. Another plus feature would be an eye-level TV.

Best of luck on your choice and let us know which one you get.
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
The Winnebago may have roof issues with the side wall joint and the HR, if it is also 2003, should have the heavy aluminum roof which is practically indestructible.