cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone traveling yet

We have been ready to go since end of Feb. First destination is still closed and not much sense in going unless we can see the sites along the way
101 REPLIES 101

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree, JC2. When its as safe as possible for me and my fellow Americans.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
wildtoad wrote:
jdc1 wrote:
btilfan wrote:
heading to Chicago this weekend so grandkid can pack up dorm room. then california in two weeks to pick up son and bring home. going to play it by ear.

I really hope you find places to stay along your route. Your trip will be something like that encountered by the great depression migration. Something your children will always remember.....and grand kids will think is a fable.

Wow how depressing. At least you didnโ€™t mention the grapes of wrath and the Kansas dust bowl. What I think they will find and see is the American spirit, people getting back to work, getting back to eating out, getting back to enjoying the great outdoors. Things will be different sure but states are opening parks, beaches, businesses, with conditions. May not be happening in California but things are looking up.

been running EB on I-40 since last Wed. started at Holbrook AZ with overnites at albuquerque and amarillo. stopping tonite in OK City. stopping now for lunch at the Flying J at Sayre OK (exit 20). most rest stops open in NM, TX and OK. truck stops open. plenty of gas. every RV park weโ€™ve stopped ar had plenty of room (we made reservations before we left meda, az). heavy truck traffic on 40, few autos, fewer RVs. otherwise looks almost normal.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
jdc1 wrote:
btilfan wrote:
heading to Chicago this weekend so grandkid can pack up dorm room. then california in two weeks to pick up son and bring home. going to play it by ear.

I really hope you find places to stay along your route. Your trip will be something like that encountered by the great depression migration. Something your children will always remember.....and grand kids will think is a fable.

Wow how depressing. At least you didnโ€™t mention the grapes of wrath and the Kansas dust bowl. What I think they will find and see is the American spirit, people getting back to work, getting back to eating out, getting back to enjoying the great outdoors. Things will be different sure but states are opening parks, beaches, businesses, with conditions. May not be happening in California but things are looking up.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Horsedoc wrote:
Wish we could. June seems like earliest we can get out. Lot of the COE and Fed CGs are still closed

May be time to expand your list of places to go. Plenty of state parks in your. neighboring states open for camping next week.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Heading to Myrtle Beach State Park next week. Then to Asheville and then to local state park.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
btilfan wrote:

btilfan
Explorer
Explorer

UPDATE:
Chicago went well, stayed at Hyatt just to the west. $25 to stay in parking lot, even got a breakfast to go.

Leaving for CA. next week no problem making reservations at rv parks.
2007 Damon Astoria Pacifica
My next hobby.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
JC2 wrote:
Only when a majority of "medical professionals" say it's ok will we start again. Politicians don't have a clue.

Agreed.

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
Only when a majority of "medical professionals" say it's ok will we start again. Politicians don't have a clue. :R
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
We're going to the Gulf Coast this coming weekend. One last hurrah before I start teaching again, albeit online.
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

stang37
Explorer
Explorer
Headed to Dead Horse SP Sedona, AZ May 11th.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wish we could. June seems like earliest we can get out. Lot of the COE and Fed CGs are still closed
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow