cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are class A resorts just as filled up as other RV parks?

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I miss the days when I could hop in the rig, go any place, then open the big Good Sam book and pick a park without reservations. The wife and I are between rigs now, and I wondered if we got a class A can you depend on a spot at these resorts? I realize that everything requires reservations, but do these resorts generally have openings that regular parks don't? Just thinking less crowded etc.Thanks, Don
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.
23 REPLIES 23

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
With few exceptions, we only stay at motorcoach resorts. Yes, they are as full as any other right now. At least in our experience so far this season.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well thanks a bunch you guys. We are not snobs but do love the Class A resorts such as Bella Terra in Alabama, Petosky RV Resort in Michigan, Solstice in Nevada, Hilton Head in So Carolina and the one Monaco built, Motorcoach Country Club in California. We've enjoyed them all. We've also stayed at Thousand Trails parks and even some sketchy ones. Staying at a Luxury Resort is like going out for lobster dinner. You can't afford one every night but every now and again it's enjoyable. We even spent 4 months as a camp host at one of the above parks. Most who diss the luxury parks have never visited one. Sure, they're more expensive but saying those who stay there are snobby is like judging a Prevost owner as a snob. We are simply down to earth folks who enjoy some luxury in our travels. Don't judge me by where I stay or what I drive.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a Class A but we've never been in a Class A only resort. Some of the A owners are kind of snobby. Never will look to stay at one either, too expensive and there are many nice parks for much less.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Class A resorts are so expensive and filled with such RV snobs that I wonder why you would only be interested in staying at places like this.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bikeboy57
Explorer
Explorer
We have been out all summer. The class a resorts are mostly full. The bride is a planner and is already booking our trip next year.
Richard and Rhonda
1999 Newell
Subaru Outback toad

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes the coach resorts in the south are in their slow season ..we haven’t gone north this season so I don’t know how the coach only resorts.are doing up there. Winter May be different This year as Canadians make up a significant percent. If the border doesn’t open ( and it looks like it may not) they will be missed. Our ownership parks motorhome only section is 20- 30% Canadian use ( rent or own).
Bill

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
the resorts in AZ may be easier to get into this winter if the Canadians are prevented from comimg south this year.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I think I should of been more clear, was thinking about class A only resorts. I don't know much about them or how many there are.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
When we had TTs we camper in the same places that we do now with the MH. I haven't been to a place that only had one or the other. We still don't make reservations unless during a holiday.