cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there good used DP's under $40,000?

Peter_Crowl
Explorer
Explorer
I searched the topic a number of ways and came up empty. Sorry if this has been beaten to death.
Obviously care and maintenance are paramount..but in general..are there good DP's in the 2000 to let's say 2006 range that can be had for less than $40,000..ideally $35,000 to leave room for what it's bound to need?
20 REPLIES 20

Peter_Crowl
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
They're out there, for sure. A few years ago a friend of ours sold a 1998 Dutch Star DP for $15k. The thing was well maintained and in excellent shape.

Banks don't like the older stuff so he needed a cash buyer.

Look around and have the funds available, you'll find one.

This would be my ideal situation. I am a cash buyer..and a fan of working directly with owners who have taken pride in their things!

Bruce_Brown
They're out there, for sure. A few years ago a friend of ours sold a 1998 Dutch Star DP for $15k. The thing was well maintained and in excellent shape.

Banks don't like the older stuff so he needed a cash buyer.

Look around and have the funds available, you'll find one.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Peter_Crowl
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds terrific. Yes - they're out there...the trick will be to find a good one. I've been reading the threads - learning what I can about what's good and what's not. It is more than a bit daunting.
I'm familiar with PPL and have searched their site. Some times it seems a lot like opening the fridge every half hour expecting to find something new :R

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I bought mine for $35,000. Been kept inside since new and shines like new. I have had it 2 years and only thing I have done to it is change oil etc and everything in it works. Have driven it about 4000 mi and am sitting in it in Bristol TN right now. 1998 Monaco 36ft 8.3 Cummins 6spd trans. 1 big slide Also came with a truck load of extras. Age don’t mean squat it’s condition that counts. They are out there. I found this one in WV in a front yard. I live in NC. Previous 40footer came from Maine. I used it for 10 years and sold it for 2/3 of what I paid for it

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Used? Yes. Good? No.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
PPL Motorhomes - DPs
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35’ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41’ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31’ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs