cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bath and a half.

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
I'm trading my National Tradewinds for a Newmar with a bath and a half. I have a question for anyone who might have a class A set up that way. When you drain and flush the black tanks is this done separately or is there one drain.
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !
20 REPLIES 20

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
You might want to visit a Newmar forum to see how your specific RV is plumbed.

I hope to be picking it up next week and they asked me stick around for a couple days for complete orientation, they've even offered me the use of a pad and electricity. Hope I can get all my questions answered at that time. I'm not new at this but every motor home is different.
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to visit a Newmar forum to see how your specific RV is plumbed.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
mike brez wrote:
Mile High wrote:
A Newall comes with a staff that drains the tanks for you doesn't it? Congratulations on that new coach!

Sounds like not a consistent answer. The macerator toilets allow you to mount a toilet remote from the tank, otherwise the toilets are gravity and would require two tanks. Ours has 1 tank, one gravity john and one macerator.

Ok now what's a Newall
hahaha, I'd blame my tablet, but it was me.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
mike brez wrote:
GHOST1750 wrote:
I'm trading my National Tradewinds for a Newhall with a bath and a half. I have a question for anyone who might have a class A set up that way. When you drain and flush the black tanks is this done separately or is there one drain.

Never herd of a Newhall any pics

Newell or Newmar?

Sorry bout that Mike, it is a Newmar Canyon Star. For some reason I got confused. Anyhow If I ever get the Tradewinds out of the shop I'm gonna make the trade. Still trying to get all the problems fixed as a result of a fire in one of the basement compartments. As of today they say Friday may be the day.
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
We have 1 black and 1 gray tank with our bath and 1/2, each with a single dump valve. This is our 2nd 1 & 1/2 bath coach. After the 1st one we didn't even look any motorhomes with only 1 bath.
Why a bath and 1/2?
To some a bath and 1/2 makes no sence, to others, they see no reason for 2 couches and yet others can't understand 3 TV's but all those options are pretty popular. LoL!
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
garyemunson wrote:
"Why would anyone need a bath and a half in a motor home?"

When you both order Mexican???

Fact: When you travel and you want a drink of water you have two choices. Bottled or "Tap".
Bottled water .. Well lots of concerns there but I know a restruant that sells Dasani, 16.9 ounces for $1.69.. You think gas or Diesel is expensive folks that is 12.80 per GALLON and it is WATER..

I drink tap. so did wife

When I was summering this year in MI I drank nearly exclusively from one set of wells (I only filled up at one park) and I filled just before heading south. Left MI on Halloween, did not run out (80 gallons) Till Thanksgiving morning. Took on my first tank of SC water on Thanksgiving day... And went through all 80 gallons in just a week.

WHY? Well. to put it simply.... The change in water had shall we say "After effects" and when those after effects hit, as they will likely again come end of April when I go back to Michigan.

"How long "A minute" is depends on which side of the door you are on"
Is a very true statement

A bath and a half model means 2 holes, no waiting.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
All these new brands , Newhall , Newall .. I cant keep up! ??
Bill

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Mile High wrote:
A Newall comes with a staff that drains the tanks for you doesn't it? Congratulations on that new coach!

Sounds like not a consistent answer. The macerator toilets allow you to mount a toilet remote from the tank, otherwise the toilets are gravity and would require two tanks. Ours has 1 tank, one gravity john and one macerator.

Ok now what's a Newall
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most of the higher end DP coaches new hall ? Newell newmar? I've ever looked at use just 2 tanks 1 black and 1 grey .. The rear toilet uses a macerator to pump the solids to the "remote " tank under the center toilet . sinks and shower just runs to one tank liquids run to the center tank without help.
Bill

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer

2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
GHOST1750 wrote:
I'm trading my National Tradewinds for a Newhall with a bath and a half. I have a question for anyone who might have a class A set up that way. When you drain and flush the black tanks is this done separately or is there one drain.

Never herd of a Newhall any pics

Newell or Newmar?
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
On my bath and a half there is one black tank One gray tank and one "Wash" tank. (Wash is gray water without the kitchen sink) This is important to know because the rules for dumping are different.
Back: MUST be dumped into a proper sewer system (NO exceptions never dump in a storm drain or on the ground, ONLY into a proper Dumps station or hook up or other sanitary sewer system)

Gray: Most places ... same as black, but in a few places you can ground dump.

Wash: Many (not all) areas you can ground dump

But there is only one black tank. IN my RV the black tank and the "Front" Half bath are "Amidships" about half way from front to rear. in front of the rear axle, It has a "Gravity" type toilet (Standard RV type). The Full bath is in the very rear and has a macerator toilet that "pumps" the waste to the back tank .

The only complaint I have is about the front toilet, it has a "Round" seat, In prefer an "oval" shaped one.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
Our Miramar has two black tanks and two grey tanks with two seperate hookups to dump. I also have a blank tank flush connector for each black tank.

I initially didn't want the bath and a half but the wife did. Now I am really glad we have it. We sometimes take our neices with us and they stay up and watch TV half the night and have their own bathroom to use.

Burch
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
We wouldn't be without a bath and a half.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE