cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bathroom light fixture wire terminals

Munk888
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. First post! Very excited to be apart of the RV community. Loootttssss to learn. Quick-ish question: my wife wants to paint the stock bathroom light fixture on our 2003 Fleetwood Tioga. 2 screws remove the fixture from the wall. Easy pz. Then there are 3 sockets for the 1141 bulbs. At the tips of the wires are these were, almost musrhoom head looking wire terminals. Anyone know what they are called?
I'd like to pick up some. The job seems straight forward enough. Slice off the terminal tips, let the wife paint the fixture, then place wires through fixture and cap off by crimping on the mushroom head terminals. I haven't had any luck finding new ones.
Thanks all!
17 REPLIES 17

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
They are out there- I carried both single and dual contact.

On edit- eBay
-- Chris Bryant

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know what you mean about those little mushroom heads. I never found them for sale except when buying a whole new socket. Try an automotive store for that. It is also possible Walmart's automotive department has them. If all you want is the mushroom, use the new one with pigtail and discard the rest of the new socket.

Consider converting the fixture (and all the others inside) to LED for more light and also so your house battery lasts a lot longer. You can buy replacement LED bulbs that fit, or instead use LED strips like I used converting all my RV florescent fixtures HERE.

Those LED reels are great. At home I installed a continuous strip under the kitchen cabinets all around the counter. I mounted a low voltage on/off dimmer controller in a convenient location under a hanging cabinet and placed the 12V transformer inside the rarely-used cabinet above the stove, utilizing the outlet that powers the microwave hood.

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
You can use regular marretts to reconnect wires. The same as used in household wiring, just use the size to fit the wires.