cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best Roadmap App?

marc515
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for a Roadmap APP that includes warnings for low bridges and tunnels (based on your RV height), and propane restrictions; the App also needs to rerout you to RV appropriate roads.

Which Roadmap App have you guys found to be the best?

Thank you,
m
Best Regards,....marc & joan
8 REPLIES 8

Tonijim
Explorer
Explorer
We have used Google Maps a great deal on our current cross country trip. Generally successful with one notable exception. GM directed us onto a road outside of Yosemite labeled "Old Priest Grade," which apparently has warnings posted (we missed them clearly) prohibiting RV traffic. Our 32' Class C barely made it us grades of more than 8-10% and incredibly tight turns. (Note - see our post on the "Roads" on this forum). When we get back, I intend to contact Google to have them correct this very dangerous oversight.

Jim

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Marc515,

Your information is a little sparse. If you want an app for a tablet or smartphone, they are usually dependent on internet access. That makes them a real bad choice for underway navigation.

If you are going to put a GPS puck on a laptop, Street Atlas or Streets and Trips would have done well for you, but both are out of print.

The remaining is Co-Pilot for RV which is a web-based app.

Sorry Guy, the boat you wanted sailed 3 years ago.

I am going to keep running SA-15 with a clearance over lay as long as I can.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

SweetWaterSurpr
Explorer
Explorer
CoPilot. Accounts for height restrictions where other apps don't.

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Google "trucker navigation app" and see if you find anything that strikes your fancy.

marc515
Explorer
Explorer
Guys,

I'm looking for an App that will give me directions while driving the RV.

Apple maps, and Google maps, etc. give directions, but will give you the shortest route presuming you are driving a car; there is no warning for low bridges.

Thank you
m
Best Regards,....marc & joan

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry Triker,

Both S&T and SA are now out of print and the charts of both are so old that they are close to useless except for a long range desktop plan. I still use '15SA w/GPS on the road, but in close scale it is wrong more than it is right.

My one foray into Co-pilot was not rewarding.

Marc,
There are multiple on-line planners, but I find them kind of a problem. It's the on-line part. Some come close to doing what you want. No matter how much I plan, that plan is junk by the third morning (at best).

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
I used MapQuest for years and had no problem. Then it was getting harder to load when needed so i went to Google maps and love it.
Dennis Hoppert

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
CoPilot works for me on a iPad and iPhone
S&T on Laptop
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am