cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Dashboard speaker

MilesandSmiles
Explorer
Explorer
We drive a 2004 Fleetwood Southwind gasser, and although the engine noise is usually not a bother, it is when we want to listen to music or podcasts while driving. We’ve tried our little Paperback-size Bose on the dash, but it’s just not powerful enough. Has anyone tried a more powerful Bluetooth speaker on the dash or on a table over the doghouse when driving? Any specific recommendations?
Newly retired
2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37A
www.milesandsmiles.us
12 REPLIES 12

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
On my class A the dash radio is a Pioneer.. Now out of the box it does not have this feature. In my first towed. The replacement dash radio (the original died of old age) was a Kenwood. it too did not have this feature out of the box.

On both of them I plugged a box into the port on the backside and instant LINE IN. (AUX in) note there are several plug ins like a multi cd changer and XM-Radio but I plugged in an AUX in.

Play Cassette tape. CD or MP3's or portable radio (Though why you'd do that I don;t know) through the system.

Note that most modern Dash radios have one of the following options.
Blue tooth (Connect your Streaming device direct to the dash radio/system(
Aux in (native)
Aux iu (Add on like mine)

NOTE also when using AUX in I have to either use an inverter and wall wart to keep Phone charged or let it run on battery Using a 12 volt type charger will cause all sorts of **** on the audio feed (Ground loop issues)

IN my current car (Factory original radio/Cassette) I use a cassette adapter This looks like a tape but with a cord coming out that plugs into the streaming device.

Works great. I get the full power of the dash radio system while I listen to say Kingston Trio performing the Ballad of the Shape of Things Caution. the first time you listen to that track DO NOT BE DRIVING.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
We use a JBL Flip 4. Sounds OK, and plenty loud enough. I've thought about getting a Flip 5, which is larger still. We also use it outside as well.

Al

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Add another upgraded dash radio (albeit in my class C, but that's immaterial for this discussion). In my case, it was a $20 Wal-Mart radio replacing the one that was there...which lost me the cassette tape mechanism and AM band, but gained Bluetooth, an AUX in port, and SD/USB stick playback.

You may want a little bit better dash radio than mine, to be honest, but one doesn't need to pay all that much at all to get a very reasonable one with Bluetooth support these days.

MrWizard
97 gasser and my Dash/stereo radio and factory speakers have more volume than I need

If you want streaming music, instead of broadcast or CDs

Get an adapter of some kind for your in dash unit
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just made a new center console to make it more user friendly. I went with a Pioneer touch screen with Bluetooth and apple car play. This allows me to put the GPS on my new radio and easily connect my phone.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

gvisnic
Explorer
Explorer
We also replaced our 2005 radio with a blue tooth model. Like stated, can use the motorhone speakers for the cell phone, radio and gps

JerryofWV
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced the radio in my 2005 Monaco with a blue tooth enabled radio. Now we can listen to podcasts and music over the motor home's speakers. Plus, now my cell phone can connect with it.
Jerry & Dee Dee Pauley

2005 Monaco Monarch SE, Workhorse, Falcon II tow bar, ReadyBrake, 2012 Jeep Liberty Toad

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the stock radio with a unit that has BT for less than $100...I know the engine noise is bad going up hill, I might try the dynamat,
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
A Bose mini works great.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
We use a Braven bluetooth speaker. It has plenty of volume and has a great dynamic sound.

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
MilesandSmiles wrote:
We drive a 2004 Fleetwood Southwind gasser, and although the engine noise is usually not a bother, it is when we want to listen to music or podcasts while driving. We’ve tried our little Paperback-size Bose on the dash, but it’s just not powerful enough. Has anyone tried a more powerful Bluetooth speaker on the dash or on a table over the doghouse when driving? Any specific recommendations?

Nothing for the noise but maybe for the Bose. On the Bose Bluetooth speaker I have there are two volume controls to deal with. One on the speaker itself and the one on the device sending the bluetooth signal. The way I do it is turn up the speaker volume the whole way and then control the volume from my phone. Basically the sound level will only go as high as the lowest high setting of the two. So if the speaker is set to medium and you turn the volume on your phone all the way up, you are only going to get medium volume.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://www.dynamat.com/

This is what I used to really help. Put it under the doghouse and carpet around it and you will be really amazed on how much you can hear. I also used it on my sport car and the noise level was cut so much that I do not have to wear the blue tooth head sets, which we had used in the RV till I installed in it.