cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

bunkhouse, redhawk vs sunseeker

lonniegordon
Explorer
Explorer
Close to ordering 2015 class c bunkhouse. I am leaning towards the redhawk, I like the 2 year warranty among other features. I like the fiberglass roof on the sunseeker. Would greatly appreciate any thoughts, thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

The_Logans
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations!

If you ever get the chance to take the free Jayco factory tour, do it!

It is a great introduction to the company and the products, and there is a LOT to see and do in the area. When we need something done, we make a week of the trip and play tourist while the RV is getting worked on.

You'll love the rubber roof! We got caught in a hail storm and just lost a MaxxAir hatch cover... two of the other campers had parts of their fiberglass roofs shattered. The rubber is much more forgiving.

Enjoy your new baby!!
Me, My wonderful Wife, 2 Bluetick Hounds, a Newfie, a Cairn Terrier & a Black Lab / Newfie Mix.
2018 Jayco Alante 31v

rtriple777
Explorer
Explorer
I went with a 2015 jayco redhawk,I had a fiberglass roof on a Itasca Cambria and had nothing but problems with roof leaks on a brand new coach!The jayco has had some minor problems but nothing compared to some of the motorized units we have had before
Rick and Dawn-2011 jayco eagle 351rlts

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
go with the fiberglass roof. speaks volumes about quality.
bumpy

Ditto

super_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
badbob1 wrote:
Our daughter and family purchased a new Jayco travel trailer last year and are glad for the two year warranty. Seems every trip they make something is added to the list for when it goes back to dealer before warranty expires.
Good Luck
BadBob

that certainly is a vote of confidence. :s
bumpy
Which brings up another important point for any perspective buyer.

Class C purchases are big event for many given the cost, at least it was a big decision for us. Although the internet can be a great source of information you have to weed out the facts from the opinions and the stories about someone's brother's best friends aunt once had an RV that...

There is no perfect RV or manufacturer. There are complaints on every manufacturer out there and there are also very happy customers for each manufacturer.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
badbob1 wrote:
Our daughter and family purchased a new Jayco travel trailer last year and are glad for the two year warranty. Seems every trip they make something is added to the list for when it goes back to dealer before warranty expires.
Good Luck
BadBob

that certainly is a vote of confidence. :s
bumpy

badbob1
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at the Winni and the Forest River side by side and also considered a Jayco when we purchased our new motorhome. Ended up with the Forest River Solera as price was better than the winni. Jayco was very nice also but liked the build quality of the Forest River and wanted the Sprinter chassis. We are very happy with the choice we made. Our daughter and family purchased a new Jayco travel trailer last year and are glad for the two year warranty. Seems every trip they make something is added to the list for when it goes back to dealer before warranty expires.
Good Luck
BadBob

super_camper
Explorer
Explorer
We had similar RV's on our short list we when we bought new - at the time it was access, sunseeker, greyhawk.

We narrowed it down to greyhawk and access, the sunseeker quality didn't match the other two in our opinion, mostly in finishing materials like fabrics. I think we would have been happy with either the access or greyhawk but greyhawk had a better warranty and price, by quite a margin actually. The greyhawk turned out to be a great unit.

BTW: the TPO roof is no problem whatsoever when maintained properly, of course the fiberglass sheeting requires about the same maintenance anyway.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
go with the fiberglass roof. speaks volumes about quality.
bumpy

The_Logans
Explorer
Explorer
Go with the longer warranty, it says volumes about the builders commitment to their products.

I think that I would be very uncomfortable with a company that dosn't believe enouth in their own products to offer a two year warranty.

Just my opinion...
Me, My wonderful Wife, 2 Bluetick Hounds, a Newfie, a Cairn Terrier & a Black Lab / Newfie Mix.
2018 Jayco Alante 31v

lonniegordon
Explorer
Explorer
we did look at the Minnie Winnie 31H, and liked it. Other than the roof, we also liked the Jayco, which was a much better price. The Sunseeker was closer in price, but I had heard mixed reviews of forest river. I now realize you can hear mixed reviews of most brands

Mike_Leslie
Explorer
Explorer
Did you check the Winnebago Minnie Winnie 31H? It has bunks.

Mike Leslie
2003 Minnie

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
lonniegordon wrote:
I like the fiberglass roof on the sunseeker. .

that would decide it for me.
bumpy

Jopops
Explorer
Explorer
Try to get comparable OCCC stats on both rigs. Redhawks ARE lighter in general than Greyhawks; the extra content and glitz from the Greyhawks comes with a hefty weight penalty.
2015 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV