cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Calling all Road Warrior owners - RWS, RWT, RWM

smitty2
Explorer
Explorer
Owners of Road Warrior Super C's have been posting on other threads and a few have mentioned it would be nice to have a place where owners of these units could post with other Road Warrior owners. Well - this is a start.

I'm Bob Smith. My wife, Debra, and I own a 2009 RWS3400 sitting on the usual C5500 chassis with the Duramax LMM and Alison Transmission. We hale from Billerica, MA. We purchased our unit from it's original owners in AZ back in September of 2010. After searching for this exact unit for a while, we got lucky and found a pristine rig from a family who took great care of it. They just didn't use it as much as they would have liked to and still had a TT they could use to go camping. So their decision to sell was great for us. With only 6000 miles on the clock and the like new condition, it was a great day for us to get this Warrior after months of research.

We've had a few minor issues, nothing that I couldn't handle, that made it a shame to think that attention to detail just wasn't a priority during the build. So, thats something we can all help each other out with. The minor wiring issues I've dealt with were all a matter of plugs being put into the wrong jacks (audio/video). Some simple additions to make the audio system more practical for MP3 or portable Sat radio use are items I can share with you. When i get the rig back in the spring I'll take some photos of the added jack for aux input on the house radio.

I say when we get it back because we currently have it resting at a center to have the interior seating redone. Out with the U shaped seating and in with the traditional drop down table with benches. It'll be more convenient for us as we have 4 kids and making that table another sleeping area will help. Also out with the J sofa and in with a Jackknife. Again, ease of use and larger sleeping area the concern there.

We also talked about adding an electrical outlet at the table. There's always a need to plug in a laptop or charges while sitting there.

There are more things we're looking at doing but the list is too long and we're not sure if it'll be cost prohibitive. So we'll wait a bit to mention them.

So - who are ya - where are ya - what have you found with your unit that may be an issue.

I know most are probably located more to the west. But let's see.
Bob & Debra, et al

2012 Jayco Seneca 36FK
YA I KNOW - I'M A TRAITOR
409 REPLIES 409

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2007 Rwt Road Warrior 6.6 liter Durmax Diesel. I have a big problem that I can not solve. The CAC Cold Air / Intercooler pipe that goes to the turbo the Gmc # 25781940 has become obsolete. The Duct has a worn hole in it, by rubbing against the ac line. I check all eight GM dealers in
U.S.A they show the part however GM has sent a entirely unrelated different wrong part, so I have struck out. I check all outlets that carries Duramax diesel engine parts and a few junk yards and Road Warrior parts store, four vendors that make tubing like (Banks) no luck ! Any suggestions Have you Diesel owners had this problem with replace engine parts.

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Is next to the dip stick & and were you fill the oil, engine side on driver side.. It has a petcock on the bottom of filter. Wish I knew how I could send a pic. Facebook just started a link for Roadwarrior.

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
aragu36 wrote:
2009 Weekend warrior Road warrior 3400 Rwt
8.1 496 c5500 kodiak chassis
Fuel filter location?
Any one change thereโ€™s or know where it is
I canโ€™t find mine

There are quite a few postings on this site in the Internet of people asking and answering the same question sorry I have a diesel model so itโ€™s not the same

aragu36
Explorer
Explorer
2009 Weekend warrior Road warrior 3400 Rwt
8.1 496 c5500 kodiak chassis
Fuel filter location?
Any one change thereโ€™s or know where it is
I canโ€™t find mine

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
kmiller wrote:
Ksanford,none of pantry breakers were tripped. Or the main panel with breakers when you enter the coach. You would think there must be a breaker or a fuse for the power for the inverter ?

The one that plugs in to 110 outlet converts 110 to 12 volt dc.
The one that is hard wired converts 12v to 110 ac

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Ksanford,none of pantry breakers were tripped. Or the main panel with breakers when you enter the coach. You would think there must be a breaker or a fuse for the power for the inverter ?

ksanford
Explorer
Explorer
KMiller

Most times when I plug into shore power, the inverter circuit breaker trips. That panel is located at the bottom of the pantry.

When that happens, the battery charger will not work because it is plugged in to the same circuit. I would like to know if this fixes your issue.
"The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page" - St. Augustine

"To Travel is to Live." โ€“ Hans Christian Andersen

โ€œTravel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, its located in the luggage compartment.The yellow color inverter not working and my house battery are not charging

Lou_R
Explorer
Explorer
No, I hade the inverter start smoking, the inside melted. these inverters have a relay switch. when it welded closed, it blocked power to some 110 outlets I took the wires off the inverter connected them together and power was restored, but I could not use the inverter.

TheoWarrior
Explorer
Explorer
Lou R wrote:
When mine blew-up, the 110 outlets that use the inverter would not work.
My mechanic took the wires that lead into and out of the inverter and connected them together white to white black to black bypassing the inverter. Then all the outlets worked. You might try this approach. I never replaced this inverter, way to costly.

Lou, are you talking about the shore power/generator automatic switch that sits behind the microwave? (I replaced mine, 50 Amp Transfer Switch Pmts-50)

I may be wrong, but I think Kmiller is talking about the inverter box that converts 110v to charge the 12 volt system. it has a 110 volt plug that plugs into an outlet next to the entry door storage compartment.

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for getting back, My Xantrex inverter is conduit hard wired going into the unit. I believe the one on my unit that is plug in is a power converter, but I still trying to figure this out and I could be wrong. Would you happen to have a Model number and Serial number of the Xantrex inverter? I wish they had better owners manual with pic.

Lou_R
Explorer
Explorer
When mine blew-up, the 110 outlets that use the inverter would not work.
My mechanic took the wires that lead into and out of the inverter and connected them together white to white black to black bypassing the inverter. Then all the outlets worked. You might try this approach. I never replaced this inverter, way to costly.

Msgtsniper
Explorer
Explorer
Check that the inverter is plugged in. Mine is in the compartment to the left of entry stairs. Had it come unplugged several times and had the same problems you discribed.
09 Road Warrior RWM3400

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Need help with troubleshooting my battery problem. My battery will not charge and is hook to shore power. Yet I hooked a power cord directly to the battery charger and the battery charger works. I noticed the Xantrex Sine Wave inverter 1000 W indicator light will not light, Tried to reset it several times, no luck. I'm not sure if I need to replace the Inverter. I called for Xantrex technical support was a waste of time. I don't see a tag with the model number or the serial number. I assume it is a 1000 Inverter and help if you had this problem and info on unit ?

ksanford
Explorer
Explorer
TheoWarrior

Following up on our charging issue. I replaced the auxiliary start solenoid with a Redarc Electronics dual sensing smart start battery isolator 12v 200A. I purchased it from Etrailer, but it is also on Amazon. This isolator is good for marine and RV applications. I am currently traveling and the problem appears to be fixed.

This is an upgrade to the OEM auxiliary start switch. This battery isolator allows the house battery charger to also charge the chassis batteries. Further information can be found on the internet and it does work as described. This was an easy upgrade. I was able to DIY it. Just take the old one out and put the new one in it's place.

I hope this information is helpful to you.
"The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page" - St. Augustine

โ€œTravel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain