cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can camp stove be connected to MH propane tank?

S-n-L
Explorer
Explorer
Can a camp stove such as a Coleman or Primus, designed to use the one pound propane tanks, be directly connected to the MH propane tank with a hose?
Stuart & Leslie Offer

2008 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45-Caspian IV, Cummins ISX 600. 2014 Jeep Cherokee limited,Cashmere. Roadmaster Sterling, SMI Airforceone. Full timing since June 1, 2014
4 REPLIES 4

workhardplayha1
Explorer
Explorer
BTW I got all my parts at Tractor Supply

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
of course. You need an "Extend-a-flow" from Marshall brass. Extend-a-stay is a little different, meant to feed the motorhome from an external tank.

We use one, it works great. We even have an additional "T" so we can feed both our weber Q and our coleman at the same time.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
You can buy a Tee with check valves built in and hoses that will allow you to use the high pressure from the motor home tank for grills and stove and also provides a connection for an external tank so you don't have to move the motor home to fill it.
If you do a search on "Extend A Stay" (Marshall Brass) or "Stay Awhile" (Mr Heater as I recall) you can see what they look like.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

workhardplayha1
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. If you are using the stove regulator make sure you tap in before the RV regulator.