cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carefree Slide Out Awnings

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
The Carefree awnings we have are the ones that have a cover that the awning rolls back in when the slide goes in. If I remove some screws on the ends you can swing the cover up for cleaning out any twigs or leaves that may have got rolled up, the problem I am having are the ones on a long slide, mind have some sort of clip are something in the middle that I don't know how to release to get it to swing up for cleaning.
Thanks for any comments
2 REPLIES 2

sfischer
Explorer
Explorer
Exactly what smlranger described, but I believe you slide the clip to the left.
GoneByRV Travel Blog

Currently:

2010 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH Powerglide Chassis
Current Toad: 2012 Honda Fit Sport, M/T

Prior:

2004 Arctic Fox 29 5-E 5er
1994 Chev 2500HD, 7.4L, 4.10
1994 Jayco 3250RLR 5er
1992 Terry 27' TT
1991 Terry 19' TT

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
want-a-be wrote:
The Carefree awnings we have are the ones that have a cover that the awning rolls back in when the slide goes in. If I remove some screws on the ends you can swing the cover up for cleaning out any twigs or leaves that may have got rolled up, the problem I am having are the ones on a long slide, mind have some sort of clip are something in the middle that I don't know how to release to get it to swing up for cleaning.
Thanks for any comments

There is a spring loaded clip in the middle. Look in the space between the upper and lower covers and with a screwdriver, you push the clip to the right (I believe) to release it. My pins and springs were rusted and I had to spray some PBlaster into the area to get them to release.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA