cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ceramic Waxes

PCronin68
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used a ceramic wax on there RV similar to Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax? I typically wax my entire Class A once a year with a conventional car wax. It obviously takes time and is a big project. It looks like this product would be a good and faster alternative. Any thoughts or suggestions?
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 34b
21 REPLIES 21

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
PastorCharlie wrote:
I used the Meguiar's Ceramic Wax on my F350m dually and it shines.

The instructions are to use it as regular was for the first coat and for the second coat after the vehicle is washed and sprayed off to spray the Ceramic Wax on and then use a strong stream of water to rinse the wax causing it to spread and cover the vehicle better. They dry with Micro-Fiber cloths.

I find that the more it is buffed with Micro-Fiber cloths the better it shines. Cost $16.00 + - per bottle and I use 1 1/4 bottles for the two applications.

Would I use it on my MH? If I were energy driven I might try.

Its hard to beat Nu-Finish Nf-76 Carwax the once a year product...rated number one by professionals auto finishers. Its my preference.

I too like Meguiar's Ceramic Wax. It's easy to use.
I was doing the Solitude a small section at a time. I was working my way up and couldn't reach the top without getting too high on the 6 ft ladder. I stopped doing the high parts because I didn't want to get hurt falling.
I did a bit of searching online and asked Santa for the Wash Wax All kit with the 12ft aluminum pole. This way of washing is very easy. The 2 sided surfaces of the wash pole could be used with any product standing on the ground.

KEN
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
does it remove the old wax buildup on the vehicle?
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I used the Meguiar's Ceramic Wax on my F350m dually and it shines.

The instructions are to use it as regular was for the first coat and for the second coat after the vehicle is washed and sprayed off to spray the Ceramic Wax on and then use a strong stream of water to rinse the wax causing it to spread and cover the vehicle better. They dry with Micro-Fiber cloths.

I find that the more it is buffed with Micro-Fiber cloths the better it shines. Cost $16.00 + - per bottle and I use 1 1/4 bottles for the two applications.

Would I use it on my MH? If I were energy driven I might try.

Its hard to beat Nu-Finish Nf-76 Carwax the once a year product...rated number one by professionals auto finishers. Its my preference.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Wife tried it on her Tesla. Maguires hybrid ceramic wax in blue bottle. She like its. She reports.

- Takes awhile to put the first coat on. Subsequent coats are super easy.

- Less is more on first coat. Putting on too thinck just makes it harder to buff off.

- Super shiny and much easier to keep clean after.

- Do the windows too.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I did try it on my Motor home however alas that was the last wax job I will ever do on it.. I'm told the re-wax is easier with the Ceramics. but won't know for a long time... Once the weather is warmer I'll haul the bucket and the sprayers down to the jeep visit Bubbles are Us car wash and then wax it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Executive wrote:
I'd get a bottle and do my car. If it works as described, then I'd do my coach. If not, you've spent very little time, effort and money and you're done. Looks like a great alternative providing it's not some hyped up snake oil. My experience has been these waxes are easier to apply but do not last as long as the old trusty smear on, buff off waxes, so you might have to redo the coach 3-4 times a year instead of annually.......Dennis

Dennis I did this on my little sports car. It was right at $60 for the stuff. Really has to be clean and dry. Then at lease two coats of it. It dries fast so not that bad. Lasted just over two months and it stay in the garage when not driven. Looks great but it ready for a new clean it off and do again. It looks great, better than new, but collect dust really bad here where I live. So its not cheap and it takes a while. Its going to take a while to do that 45 foot. They just started putting it on cars here for $50 but you have to have the car wash first for another $30. I am not sure if it one coat or two. The company I got my stuff stated two coats and anymore is a waste since it does not help it stay on longer. To me the regular wax is good but does not look as good as the ceramic. I have notice the price has come down by 50% since last year. Have fun

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'd get a bottle and do my car. If it works as described, then I'd do my coach. If not, you've spent very little time, effort and money and you're done. Looks like a great alternative providing it's not some hyped up snake oil. My experience has been these waxes are easier to apply but do not last as long as the old trusty smear on, buff off waxes, so you might have to redo the coach 3-4 times a year instead of annually.......Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG