cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Changing a gas stove top to a recessed version.

pequeajim
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I have always wanted a Newmar diesel. We are searching for a late model, (2012-2014) Ventana LE. One thing that we wish is that the LE model had a recessed stove top with the counter top covering the burners so that we could have a little extra counter space when not needing the stove. The 2016 Ventana LE has incorporated this in to to the design and it is exactly what we are looking for.

I was chatting online with a salesman who told me that they could install a recessed stove and counter top for $500? I can't see how they could do this and make it look good?
Holiday Rambler Arista & Jeep Liberty Toad
2 REPLIES 2

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
If a salesman's lips are moving.... but if it has the convection oven option the burners are recessed and covered. Could be he's making an easy $500. I've thought about replacing my recessed and covered cook top with an induction unit like this.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
First problem is SALESMAN. I would want a quote from a more knowledgeable and skilled person from the parts & service department. Right away the $500 is questionable when there is labor, materials, and the new stove involved. Before you know it SALESMAN will have you in the hole a couple thousand. Then if you can find him He won't know you. I'll bet it can be done and made to look professional but not for $500.00.
jwmII