cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class c bunkhouse window replacement

Vic65
Explorer
Explorer
Hello my front window in my bunkhouse 2002 Minnie Winnie needs to be replaced. The frame is in good condition. The prior owner put plexiglass instead of a window. I was wondering how hard is it to replace the window. I would also like to know where I can purchase the window. Camping world said that I can order the window with the vin number. It looks like the wood also needs to be replaced. Wood replacement does not seem to be that hard. If anyone knows of any links that show how to replace the window please let me know. Any help would be great. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the frame is fine, you should be able to get a piece of tempered glass of the right size and shape from a local glass place and have that put in. It's glued into the frame, somewhat similar to how car windshields are installed. A decent RV repair shop may have a better time of doing the installation than a general glass place (partly because they're likely to have the scaffolding etc. needed already at hand and set up, and partly because they'd have more experience replacing glass in RV windows).

Replacing the whole window unit is not too hard for a do-it-yourselfer with a helper or two, although the cabover front is an inconvenient place to work on. I think that replacing the glass in the window frame properly is a little bit more tricky for the inexperienced, partly because contamination with e.g. oils from one's fingers can lead to leaks.

The whole window unit itself is generally a two-part deal. The main part is the outer section, which is sealed to the outer skin with butyl caulking tape under the outer flange. It's held in place by the clamping ring on the inside, and the two pieces are attached together by a profusion of screws.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
Another option would be to not replace the window, but put a piece of fiberglass over the whole front cabover wall closing in the opening, and redoing the inside wall.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

Vic65
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks is it easy to install or do I need to bring it to a shop?

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Vic65 wrote:
Hello my front window in my bunkhouse 2002 Minnie Winnie needs to be replaced. The frame is in good condition. The prior owner put plexiglass instead of a window. I was wondering how hard is it to replace the window. I would also like to know where I can purchase the window. Camping world said that I can order the window with the vin number. It looks like the wood also needs to be replaced. Wood replacement does not seem to be that hard. If anyone knows of any links that show how to replace the window please let me know. Any help would be great. Thanks

Winnebago usually maintains parts stock or connections with suppliers, but sells only through dealers.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B