cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class C Thor Chateau

Smitty64
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at a Thor Class C Motorcoach Chateau 31L, any recommendations or issues with this brand?
20 REPLIES 20

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
Smitty64 wrote:
thanks for the great feedback, what manufacturer would you recommend for a Class C about 30' to 32' in length?

Couple mass production mfg'ers (lower price point than lower produced or built to order manufactuers) to check into: Forest River (Sunseeker's & Forestors), Winnebego (Winnie, Istaca), both have HARD fiberglass roofs & "in general" have good quality feedback.

Jayco- gives you two year warranty, "in general" have good quality feedback.

Custom built ones, lower volume : Nexus, others I can't think of currently, but they are higher price points vehicles.

My wife I went with a Sunseeker earlier this year, after looking at many of the main players.

• After seeing in person liked the fit & finish
  • Hard Fiberglass Roof
  • Adzel Walls
  • Fiberglass front cap
  • Found a Floorplan we loved for us
  • Researched Forest River standing behind their product (visit the FROG forum)
  • Got the rig in a price in our budget

1st year of ownership, super pleased, and a few minor warranty items (equipment wise) Forest River worked exceptionally with us.

You will get many opionions, and if you dig hard enough, there are nightmare stories out there on most, if not all the main brands, just have to weed out the good with the bad.

Good Luck,
Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

Greydennyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
I have very few problems with my 2013 Jayco Grayhawk 31ss after 6000 miles of use.
Some radio / gps problems( dealer replaced completely), some hinge screws backed out( I changed most to longer, wider screws), one drawer slide replaced, and a fresh water sensor plug was popping out, ( jayco called me about fixing).
We also spent some time quieting down rattles and squeaks, but that's normal for a big truck full of junk!
Overall fit and finish is pretty good, the cabinets, trim and upholstery are put together well, and the exterior paint, roof and one piece cap are great.
Denny, Rosie and Josie the Beagle
2016 Allegro 36 LA
2016 Mazda 3

Smitty64
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the great feedback, what manufacturer would you recommend for a Class C about 30' to 32' in length?

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thor's quality is lacking.
Even one of their RVs they sent to Motorhome magazine to test was junk.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
we looked at a brand new one about a year ago before we bought our winnebago. It was on 'sale' for $68K or so from $85K. Sat on the lot several months. When I drove it it had many issues mainly in construction and final preparation for something of that price range.

Window air leaks were one of the biggest, shoddy construction in driver area with the headliner not seated the stuff that held it up/on coming off, lack of any driver amenities. Manual seats, mirrors etc.

Final thing was the use of electrical conduit holder the holey stuff that is used to hold stuff together and it was loose and the generator exhaust was coming off also. Now this may have been unusual, but any company willing to send out for sale a rig in such deplorable condition makes ya wonder. They are also supposed to be one of the lower tier rvs and the lack of quality control final sure showed it to be.

Look it over very carefully and then compare to jayco or some others.

Moved from Forum Technical Support