cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coachmen Class C Recliner Option

fred42
Explorer
Explorer
On the Coachmen website, some Concord, Leprechaun and Prism floorplans offer a recliner option. There is only a crude graphic of this option and I could not find an actual picture of it or even one for sale on the web with that option. I emailed Coachmen and they sent me this photo:

Does anyone have any thoughts about this option? I even see it offered in a short floorplan where it would take the place of the dinette. I don't see any tray mechanism, but it got me thinking. None of my other diet plans have worked, could it be the tables fault? Maybe the table forces you into some cultural feast mode and I would be better off eating finger food in the recliner.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 28DA
12 REPLIES 12

MrsUncleJeff
Explorer
Explorer

We just purchased a 2024 Coachman Catalina and we are having the dinette removed and recliners installed. I am going to buy a couple tv trays for meals (it will be just like home). If it’s nice we eat outside. 

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
We don't have a slideout in that location. We also have a standard dinette.

I upgraded our cushions direct from our RV manufacture. We went from cloth covered regular foam, to leather covered memory foam. The memory foam is a little thinner but much more comfortable. The thinner backrest also gives us more seating surface and leg room. The rear bench faces toward our TV. One of us will sit there, the other on the 3rd captain seat. Though not "ideal for watching TV, the dinette does work for watching TV better now after the cushion upgrade.

We love our dinette for it's intended purpose and also for bulk storage. We would never buy a motor home without a booth dinette.

Here is our dinette and TV watching.

jamesa403
Explorer
Explorer
I like the idea of the recliners. The only drawback for me is if you have to turn your head much to watch TV. Try at home to sit 90 degrees to your TV, and watch for half an hour or so, and see what your neck feels like after having it turned for a long period of time. Here at my house, we have a sofa that doesn't face the TV, and I can only turn my head for about 15 minutes without getting a stiff neck. The other option is to put your TV on a long arm that can be brought out more in front of you, so that you aren't watching with your neck turned. Just a thought.

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some manufactures offer a dual recliner like that, but it is made of memory foam and transforms into a queen bed. But you don't get the arms rests and cup holders. Pillows and a table would suffice. If you need that extra sleeping accomodation at times, it's an option the OP could inquire about.

But that picture of the recliners sure does look comfortable.

jdog
Explorer
Explorer
Take the table and seats out and replace with 2 recliners. Use TV trays/tables to eat on. You will lose the stowage area.

Quick_trip
Explorer
Explorer
You have to put what you are going to eat in a cup!
Then place the cup in the cup holder in the chair.
That's not much food - so you will lose weight!
And, you can't go back for seconds!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Any more info or feedback on these? DW and I think they would be great in a lot of RVs for us.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
That looks neat, could replace a jackknife sofa in one of my slides. I have been thinking about replacing the sofa with a desk and Euro recliner, but that piece would work if the recliners fit my short body (most recliners and "easy" chairs are way too large). Any suggestions about who might be making these for Forest River?
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

wolvereeny
Explorer
Explorer
We saw this floor plan at a CW on the used lot. We looked at it as we have a couch and dinette.In the unit we saw the recliners replaced the couch. They were comfortable and we thought it was a nice floorplan. We like our couch but these would be great for tv watching.

gerrym51
Explorer
Explorer
look at forest river solera 24ms

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
I sure would love these in place of my short "couch". Look sooo much more comfortable!!!
“Light hearted I take to the open road… Healthy, free, the world before me… The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.” - Walt Whitman

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
IMHO, the main downside of those two lounge chairs replacing a dinette would be the loss of all that storage space under the dinette seats ... we store a lot of stuff under our dinette seats. (Perhaps special recliners with removable cushions and storage under the seats could be used instead of the standard recliners shown in the photo.)

Otherwise, two permanent recliners in a small Class C sure looks inviting!
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C