cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coachmen Freelander 23BB Water Heater Bypass

theotherbart
Explorer
Explorer
I'm getting ready to winterize my Coachmen and I'm having a heck of a time bypassing the water heater. It's in the bathroom, under the counter behind an access panel beside the toilet. I can see two valves. If either valve is open, then water flows into the water heater. If both valves are closed then water doesn't go into the heater, but there's no flow through any of the hot lines (meaning that I can't blow them out, or pump antifreeze through them).

It seems pretty obvious that there should be a third valve somewhere to open the bridge/bypass between the cold water and the hot water lines, but for the life of me I can't find it. The worst part? I have winterized and un-winterized this rig four times before, but suddenly this year I can't figure it out.

Any suggestions what I might be missing? Where is that phantom third valve???
4 REPLIES 4

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
theotherbart wrote:
Good thoughts, but these valves are both simple 1/4 turn single input, single output valves. They're not three-way valves. I'll get out there and snap a picture in a little while.

Did you find the bypass IF so equipped?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

theotherbart
Explorer
Explorer
Good thoughts, but these valves are both simple 1/4 turn single input, single output valves. They're not three-way valves. I'll get out there and snap a picture in a little while.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is there a line that goes between cold & hot on backside of WH Tank?

The 2 valves....both handles should be 'in-line' with that connecting line
Cold Handle UP & Hot Handle DOWN

OR the handles should turn 180* and point towards bypass line if like this set up
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
could it be your turning the valve to far? maybe its a three way valve