Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating moonlight in our showers

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

I just want to share with you all here about how i'm bringing a sense of moonlight into my shower. I have put up LED Sensor Lights in the Skylight where it appears to look like i'm showering under moonlight if all other lights are off. I also have these cute gadgets all over my rv in areas where i prefer a lil ambience of moonlight when i walk thru it at night.

have a great day & night!
Full Time, Tree Huggn, Vegan Athlete living on, a shovel of dirt shy of, an acre of land
2007 Toyota Prius
1998 Holiday Rambler Holiday Endeavor 35WGS

:CTime waits for no one
18 REPLIES 18

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
I like to also mentioned that i've not had success with suction cup type shower caddies, so i decided to hang a never used shoe organizer with porous material on side thats facing a wall divided. Even thou you can see thru that side, there's a wall that prevents light from coming in, so why not make better use of that side too? I'm able to add all my shower goodies in it now, from top to bottom, left to right of it. And now with the LED light in the skylight, i have light inside the shower too, something i didn't have before since all the lights are outside of it over the sink, toilet and closet door area. And i've put these lights inside the closets too.

okay, sorry for any typos, i'm in a hurry:)
Full Time, Tree Huggn, Vegan Athlete living on, a shovel of dirt shy of, an acre of land
2007 Toyota Prius

vegasfoodguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
NaViDa wrote:
Executive wrote:
My wife and I shower together and I prefer simply "feeling" around in the dark. I tried taking some pictures, but.......:E:E.....Dennis

Thats a tight fit in these rv showers but im assuming you 2 prefer it that way:W

So much for water conservation.
Monaco Diplomat, Cummins, 38a
Toad Grand Cherokee and Jeep Wrangler, Brake Buddy.

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
brirene wrote:
RedG wrote:
I normally shower with the lights on so I can see what I'm doing.........

I've gotten so good at it I can do it with my eyes closed. Not much has changed in 50+ years! :W Well, maybe a little...:S

To the op, nice idea. Will it stay up there when you're moving?

So far so good but im sure the sticky will eventually loosen up from the shower steam over a time period.
2007 Toyota Prius

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
RedG wrote:

I've gotten so good at it I can do it with my eyes closed. Not much has changed in 50+ years! :W Well, maybe a little...:S

To the op, nice idea. Will it stay up there when you're moving?
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
Just found a better deal on the sticky velcrosticky velcro
2007 Toyota Prius

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
My wife and I shower together and I prefer simply "feeling" around in the dark. I tried taking some pictures, but.......:E:E.....Dennis

Thats a tight fit in these rv showers but im assuming you 2 prefer it that way:W
2007 Toyota Prius

blaker
Explorer
Explorer
🙂

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
dan-nickie wrote:
Should we assume they are battery operated and stuck up there with double sided tape or velcro?
I'll try to guess where you got them.

I'm using,Double side sticky velcro
And i pick Led battery operated sensor lights

The sticky velcro i have are black and rounder than whats picture on Amazon.
The light looks so much like natural moonlight where you can see everything you're doing similar to being under actual moonlight without anyone seeing you 🙂
2007 Toyota Prius

RedG
Explorer
Explorer
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 4024 DP 370 Cummins
Towing my 2012 Malibu w/Blue Ox towbar & Patriot brake system

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Okay....you got me!!! I was picturing someone mounting a light on the EXTERIOR of the coach just above the skylight for what would look like the moon shining in, or a bunch of twinkling LED's like at Disneyland.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
Should we assume they are battery operated and stuck up there with double sided tape or velcro?
I'll try to guess where you got them.
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

blaker
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry got it
I like it can you tell me about the light.

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
blaker wrote:
Sorry don't get it.How did you do this,

As the foto i provided shows, i simply stuck the light up there. It comes on when im under it or it can remain on the entire time since these gadgets have different settings for us to use.

you do see the foto, dont you??
2007 Toyota Prius