cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CURRENT tire replacement experiences sought

TexasJorge
Explorer
Explorer
The stooped is strong in this one. yeah, but I'ma lucky...

I am new to this "lifestyle"--have planned on it since late 2001. Like most--I'd guess. I started with an older, pre-owned unit. I am now looking to replace six (6) tires. Googling reviews on the subject brings up a LOT of forum results, but most appear to be from 2008-20011, or earlier.

Most of the posts on Chinese/truck tire brands are equally as old. As many pointed out--then--various Asian brands--Toyo, Yokohama, etc. were once trash talked by Michelin/Goodyear purists as viciously as those I've found for the current crop of relatively new Chinese brands.
Some of the Chinese brands have been around long enough that their performance quality could be reported in a more recent fashion, I'd think.
I found THIS THREAD, before I registered here, by way of example:
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/24375786/print/true.cfm

The latest entry on this one appears to be 09/2011. That was four years ago. I get the purist's view, even if I don't subscribe to it. I'm not broke, but I AM cheap, I guess. I've read the warnings of buy now, pay later. I have a problem w/ buying Good year tires (made in Asia, btw) at $500 a pop.

Any recent experiences with "other" brand/type tires, good or bad would be appreciated. I looked thru the threads (here and elsewhere) and may have missed something along the lines of what I'm asking. I apologize, in advance if that is the case.

I have a 36 ft 'S' model with a tag axle. I'm still learning to live in it, and have put about 3500 miles on it to get to my current location. It is embarrassing to admit, but aside from having one blow while sitting on stabilizers-- inside dual,drivers side. Looks like I have about four different brands involved already. I won't even go into date codes. The two newest are Samsons up front on the steers.
31 REPLIES 31

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I've had Hankook tires on our 96 Southwind for about 6 years.

They will be replaced soon and, I'll probably buy Hankook again.

They're good tires and have not given me any problems.

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
I just put a new set of Toyo M122 on my rig and drove from Florida to Massachusetts via Nashville. Went 2000 miles and they are a nice handeling tire.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie