2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800
8 REPLIES 8

mc_cc
Explorer
Explorer
These are vacuum type toilets that suck the contents into the holding tanks. Reverse air flow. Much like they have on cruise ships. The noise is not as loud as an AC unit. It should be slightly louder than the onboard water pump. I would consider someone too picky if this was bothersome to them in their site next door.
Mark

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
I talk to him to him. He said it was a Marine type pump, not a macerator. The black tank is on the opposite side of the toliet. It's loud He's contacted Fleetwood to find a fix to quite it.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Could be a macerator toilet
Could be a vacuflush toilet

Could be ......???

Ask 'your neighbor' WHAT TOILET AND WHY THE NOISE :H
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Corkey05 wrote:
If it's a half bath, or a rear bath with the toilet over the engine, the contents need to be PUMPED to the holding tank.

This has been the method used for many years for toilets that are located away from the tanks. They are simple macerator pumps

We have one in the full rear bath, but doubtful that you can hear it from afar. The hallway 1/2 bath has a conventional RV toilet mounted over the black tank.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
If it's a half bath, or a rear bath with the toilet over the engine, the contents need to be PUMPED to the holding tank.

This has been the method used for many years for toilets that are located away from the tanks. They are simple macerator pumps
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
It could be a self contained recycling toilet and not a convential RV toilet.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never known a toilet to do that. Mention it to the guy. Hope you don't get roundly criticized for noticing something about another camper.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Well, most RVs have a water pump that can be heard inside, and within a couple feet of the basement compartment outside, but it shouldn't be so loud that the neighbors are disturbed by it.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.