cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Did a lot of work on my class C this weekend!

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
The weekend before last I went and got my propane tank filled up. Noticed the RV dealership was selling LED bulbs at the old-timey price of $20 a bulb. This reminded me to go follow up on a post I saw here, and I went on eBay and bought a box of 20 LED bulbs for about $15. So this past weekend I replaced all the internal bulbs and the door light with LEDs. They are great!

Then I steam-cleaned the carpets. I hate having carpet in the RV but I'm afraid what I will find under it so it's staying. The back end of the RV chassis flexes depending on how you park or use the leveling jacks, with a notable bend happening in the floor about where the rear wheels are. I'm afraid any new flooring I put down would not do well with the flexing. Anyway the carpet is nice when it's clean.

I bought a set of Firestone Transforce HT tires off of Amazon ($138 per tire, free shipping with Prime), and my mechanic is installing them today for $60.

I finally got around to removing the range hood. The milky white plastic cover for the stove light was caked with grime - I bet the light will seem a lot brighter now! I also figured out how to pull the old Hobbs hour meter for the generator and ordered a new digital one from Amazon.

Washed the whole RV. Couldn't get up the gumption to wax it though. Hurt my hip last year going up and down the ladder doing that so I'm nervous about doing it again. RV is so old the wax doesn't help looks much anyway.

Got a tire cover for our rear spare, and made up some artwork that my wife is going to cut out and press on with her new Cricket:

1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

11 REPLIES 11

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, there are no active skirmish locations in Florida that I know of.

Here is a map that shows most of the places where competitions are going on:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/54db881ce4b0486db510c47b/t/56cc5cc759827e2cba971b67/1456233671395/NSSA+Map+of+Ranges+160111.pdf

Steve
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
maillemaker wrote:
I shoot in the North-South Skirmish Association (www.n-ssa.org). It's a black powder competition shooting organization that uses firearms from the era of the American Civil War. They have team and individual competitions, and mortars and artillery. There are skirmishes all over east of the Mississippi. Our national range is in Winchester, Virginia.

Steve

Any in FL ? I Link I can research dates / locations ?

Thanks !
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
I shoot in the North-South Skirmish Association (www.n-ssa.org). It's a black powder competition shooting organization that uses firearms from the era of the American Civil War. They have team and individual competitions, and mortars and artillery. There are skirmishes all over east of the Mississippi. Our national range is in Winchester, Virginia.

Steve

LiebetheGSD
Explorer
Explorer
Nice! Glad to see it gets a work out. What do you shoot, what is the competition? I just joined a shooting club up here, no real plans to do any competitions as I just don't have the time it takes to improve but I do enjoy trying to better my groupings. Sort of like golf, you have to put in the rounds if you want to get better, maybe one day if I ever decide to retire ๐Ÿ˜‰

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
Oh they are already planned. We use the heck out of our RV. At least once a month it is on the road.

I'll be taking it to a team shooting practice this coming Saturday. Then we are going down to Montgomery to take my daughter to a school state competition the end of the month. Next month I'm off to Winchester Virginia for a national shooting competition.

Steve

LiebetheGSD
Explorer
Explorer
Hate to tell you but you still have 2 more jobs to do.
1. Pick your next destination.
2. Plan the route

Now get to work!

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
I put the bright white LEDs in mine. I like the stark bright white light.

Steve

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our rig had 9 twin-tube florescent light fixtures which provided a very cold ambiance, and if the batteries were not fully charged, the lights would resonate. Some years ago I converted them to warm LED reusing the fixtures to avoid drilling more holes. The cost of the project was negligible. I also added LED night lights inside each fixture. The project was a great success. CLICK HERE to read through the process with includes lots of pictures. In the article I also changed out some incandescent bulbs to LED.

Like it has been mentioned, LED lighting is "Battery Friendly" in many ways. No flickering or resonating, and uses notably less power.

sachilles
Explorer
Explorer
For what it's worth....my basement got flooded last year. It had laminate wood flooring. That stuff had to be ripped out. We replaced it with PVC laminate wood flooring. Clicks together like the older wood stuff, but since it's pvc, it's water resistant, and it flexes. So it might be worth a consideration if you ever want to pull up the carpet. I'm not suggesting you run out and tear the carpet out....just that don't let the flex scare you from the flooring perspective.

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Nice work, now stop working on it and start using it.....LOL !
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
Thumbs Up to You! I put in new interior LED bulbs last year too. They won't drain the house battery like the old ones. I do like the carpet also. Warmer on the feet on cold mornings and quite. New tires... you're set to go!
Brian