cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I really See It?

subtroll
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday while driving on I-4 from Jacksonville to Tampa, Florida. I noticed a Bus conversion approaching in the opposing lanes. What caught my attention was one half of a sedan sticking out the back of the Bus at least 5 feet above the road surface. It was too quick to get a photo but in my minds eye it looked like the conversion must have added a toy hauler/garage above the engine compartment such that half was in and half was out.

Are my old eyes lying to me?
2004 National Tropi-cal Sterling 396
2003 Jeep Liberty
8 REPLIES 8

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
DutchmenSport wrote:
Maybe not as strange as the one the OP saw, but this one was parked down the road from us in 2013 for several months. I never could figure it out. One day, drove by and got this photo.

You can probably get up into that VW bus and use it like an observation deck. I sure wouldn't want to be up there if there were any low hanging trees on the road.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Explorer
Explorer
I've seen those at small race tracks------------they make a cheap race car hauler.
Mark

2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U on a Ford chassis, 80,000 miles
2003 Ford Explorer toad with Ready Brake supplemental brakes,
Ready Brute tow bar, and Demco base plate.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like it was for the Music Festival in Anderson IN.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe not as strange as the one the OP saw, but this one was parked down the road from us in 2013 for several months. I never could figure it out. One day, drove by and got this photo.

subtroll
Explorer
Explorer
It was like an older Trailways or Greyhound bus, tag axle.
2004 National Tropi-cal Sterling 396
2003 Jeep Liberty

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you stumbled across filming for the next Fast and Furious installment! 🙂
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
What kind of a bus was it. there a few companies that are converting old school buses and even old tour buses into haulers.

Here is a link to some Converted buses. there are some rough ones and some really nice ones!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

MagillaGorilla
Explorer
Explorer
A man with talent and tools cannot be stopped.
Magilla

2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37' Gasser