cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dometic Power Awning Pro Beeping and Clicking

hanknjoyce
Explorer
Explorer
The Dometic Power Awning Pro on our 2019 Phoenix Cruiser model 3100 just started beeping and "clicking" with slight movement where the sensor meets the arm up top. It is very cold here (10 dgs last night and getting colder) which makes me reluctant to start trying to open stuff up etc. Awning acts like it wants to move. A couple online posts suggested it was the cold weather. Did not have this issue last winter. If I cannot "fix" it in this cold weather am concerned it could get worse over time.

Also saw an older online ref to a separate box down below but the Dometic Customer Service is apparently closed for the holidays.

Should I try to open the black sensor box on the awning strut to check the battery and/or the sensor dial? It is really tight (and cold!).

Thanks,

Hank in cold, snowy and breezy Custer SD
2019 Phoenix Cruiser Model 3100
7 REPLIES 7

ncscz
Explorer
Explorer
Since you already identified 1 awning problem to be fixed, I would kill the power circuit to the awning and wait for temps suitable for outdoor trouble shooting.
CarriGo
Model 2320

hanknjoyce
Explorer
Explorer
The irony is we had a Mandalay 42 ft DP for 15 years with a Dometic awning and never had a problem. We downsized to the Phoenix Cruiser last year (got a good deal on a gently used 2019 which we really like ) and our only problem has been the awning. It also does not deploy properly which we are told is likely a front strut issue. That strut is now hard to come by and we do not have enough clearance at home to fully deploy it to troubleshoot so likely a job for next Spring. My main concern was whether this constant attempt by the awning to "move"/reseat (the click) could case anything worse. I like your hair dryer suggestion to loosen the cover. Thanks again.

Hank
2012 Honda CRV

Hank Whitney

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you need some peace of mind so you sleep thru the night , lol, then heat it up. If u use a hair dryer on the mechanism and it works then you know.
But as said, leave it alone till it warms up.

chindog
Explorer
Explorer
The Dometic power awning doesn't work properly in sub freezing temperatures, regardless of water intrusion. If the temperature drops below freezing, I usually turn mine off until it gets warmer. However, I try to not be in a place where it gets that cold.
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
In that case, good luck with it. Maybe someone with your exact awning/issue will chime in?
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

hanknjoyce
Explorer
Explorer
Mike - Thanks. Should be above freezing (barely) in about a week. I notice there is a pinhole-size opening on one end of the cover and thought it might be some kind of "reset" but instructions do not mention anything about that. I found another owners manual online for the 9100 etc. series ensor receiver and it clearly suggests it is a battery issue.

Happy New Year
Hank
2012 Honda CRV

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
If it's below freezing where you are (based on your signature?) it may be water intrusion/freezing around the motor/mechanism. If you don't really need it, I'd wait until it warms up above freeze, and then continue your troubleshooting.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)